Van Halen (Official Thread)

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I love how suddenly theres such a lack of talk about Van Halens new album? People get bored of it quickly? lol
I still like listening to it. I would say its solid but flawed.
I would have loved to see them in their early days, problem is I wasn't born until 2 years after DLR first era of albums ended with 1984.

Powerage

Let There Be Rock!
Reaction score
The album came out 3 months ago, everyone that's going to buy it already has it and has played it too death. I certainly have.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Not me, I have played it 3 to 4 times. I choose to stop playing albums or bands before I get sick of them. lol

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I usually never tire of an album...not when it's top quality or has sentimental value.

I've only played the new VH twice...there is simply not enough time in a day to get to everything anymore and it's a good record.

But...considering I just bought a brand new Audiophile Vinyl copy of VH's debut I would reach for it rather than any other album of their's for a while, and am ordering VH II as well. Those two are my personal favorite albums, and it's going to be great having the records again.:D

As far as the VH chatter goes, it hasn't died out completely just yet, and if nothing else Sammy Hagar will continue to offer his thoughts on anything to do with the band.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The one album I have never tired of was Women and Children First. Gotta say that one has become my favourite VH album with VH I and 5150 after it.

Vehicle

Aging Metalhead
Reaction score
I have a bootleg Van Halen album I bought in Germany almost 30 years ago. It's just a plain white cover with a small stamp that says 33 of 100.

It's a live recording, and it's really, really raw. Eddie's amp shorts out a couple of times during 'On Fire'.

DLR says on it, "It's been a while since the last time we were here at the Pasadena Civic"

So, that's where the show is.

He also says "I've been waiting a long time to say this...here's one off our first record", so I know it's way early in their career.

Is there anyone else out there whith this record?

Oh, and the vinyl is see through red, with I think, a plain green label.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online