"Van Halen is getting along great!"-David Lee Roth

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Considering how old they are with the exception of Wolfgang I can see them realizing they overextended themselves when it came to booking the support tour concerts.

If they need more time to gather themselves and finish strongly at the top of their game that is fine with me.

If this is just "damage control" then that also wouldn't surprise me. I think the key to this is the rapport between Wolfgang and Eddie...that bond Should override any of the usual "Sick to death of Dave and am going to stick my guitar between his ribs next time he ****** me Off!"

:D

Stayed tuned for more Drama concerning the never ending saga that is the Van Halen reality show, I mean Tour of course...:bonk:

:heheh:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Perhaps Eddie and Alex don't want to feed Sammy anything, so they are letting Dave take point, he is capable of saying exactly what he thinks about anything.

The pre-history is the worry here of course as we all know Eddie can freak out at anytime and that ends the reunion tour in one shot.

foreverblue

Reaction score
but...but..i thought...they could anything now that Dave was back?
massive tours? massive sales... all the internal problems fixed.

coltrane2

Musicologist
Reaction score
I bet it really ****** off the negative nay sayers that the guys are simply keen to draw breath, so that they don't deliver sub standard shows. A different kind of truth, indeed!

foreverblue

Reaction score
I bet it really ****** off the negative nay sayers that the guys are simply keen to draw breath, so that they don't deliver sub standard shows. A different kind of truth, indeed!

no the only negativity comes from the zealot dave era fans, who seem to be brewing the hate.
gee i really like the sammy hagar era van halen. should i diss all the dave stuff, and chuck my cd's? and try and believe that 78-84 and 2007 - didn't happen. no i love the dave era and "a different kind of truth, too bad some of the roth obsessives can't have an open mind.

foreverblue

Reaction score
actually i might add that i like dave. just as much as i like sammy. but people seem to forget that eddie and solely eddie is the cause of van halen's previously problems.
and i don't blame Sammy [and mike for that matter]for being a little bit bemused by the antics.such as removing mike from the website, and trying to wiping 13 years of the bands history away with merchandise etc.
i picked up a van halen picture book at borders, and i was seriously thinking of buying it until i realised that the photo's began in 1978 - ended in 1984. no sammy, no gary cherone. so i thought screw it! good book but its incomplete .

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hannibal37

Staff online

Members online