Van Halen Dress Rehearsal Gig in LA

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
Whole bunch of shots here of the 'Halen's at the 'family and friends' tour dress rehearsal gig yesterday, which was at the Forum in LA...stunning HD quality pics, and they look uncharacteristically healthy too, could be a career tour for them with the new album being such a thumbs up from almost everyone...though I still don't get Roth's compulsion to change costumes every few songs as if he's Liberace....

Photos: Van Halen performs dress rehearsal for family and friends at the Forum | Denver Post Media Center

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
Like I said, really healthy, though somebody needs to explain to DLR that a "dress" rehearsal is where the band and the crew fine-tune the sound, the lights, the set list etc...he's obviously taken it literally and decided to go through his whole wardrobe. Don't know if they are planning any shows in Europe? If not, then this is the 3rd straight VH tour where they haven't played a single show outside of USA/Canada, I probably wouldn't go anyway, so I don't care especially, but a lot of VH fans are going to be pretty pissed by this.

Powerage

Let There Be Rock!
Reaction score
They rarely leave North America anyway.

Though the fact they made two songs available on the UK amazon site before the album launch says hopefully they are thinking wider. Supposedly EVH has a fear of flying. Don't know about that.

They are one of if not the last band I need to see live, it would be mega to finally get the chance. Though It appears as though I could do a 3 day trip to Boston for £500... Tempting...

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hannibal37

Staff online

Members online