'Unwigged & Unplugged'

rtbuck

Reaction score
I just picked up the new DVD 'Unwigged & Unplugged' by Christopher Guest, Michael McKean, & Harry Shearer & it's phenominal. They play the Spinal Tap Classics as well as tunes from 'A Mighty Wind'.They play a Bluegrass cover of Start Me Up where they keep repeating the line "You Make a Dead Man Come"
& then get the entire audience singing that line. It has a few funny parts but it's a pretty intense folk performance. I'll write up a full review later this week/early next week.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Sounds like an interesting mix Bucky, I look forward to your write up.:grinthumb

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I giggled when I read Michael McKean was part of this. I didn't know he was a musician, at least I didn't think he was a musician professionally. I only remember him from "Laverne and Shirley" as "Lenny". He was part of a band back in the mid 60's called "The Left Banke", acording to his Bio.

Judging by the name "Unwigged & Unplugged", I just wonder how much of their comedy this trio has brought to this DVD. All three of them were very active on Saturday Night Live. All three of their careers boast alot of comedy acts, too. This trio's roots go back to the "Laverne and Shirley" show.

I am patiently waiting for your review, bucky! :)

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rascal_212

Staff online

Members online