Which singer is better in each group?

[Group 1] David Coverdale (Whitesnake)
[Group 2] Paul McCartney (The Beatles)
[Group 3] Paul Rodgers (Bad Company)
[Group 4] Rob Halford (Judas Priest)

TheWhalerfan

Lovus My Avatarus
Reaction score
No love for Rodgers? Everyone is different. I think Mercury is very overrated but still a good voice. On this list everyone that made it this far deserves it. Rodgers is maybe the best blues singer in history especially if you look back in the Free days. He is still going strong and sounds great. So either you don't like his voice or was upset that he went on tour with Queen. It wasn't to replace Mercury because they have two VERY different vocal styles. It was out of respect for Queen's music to live on. Most Queen fans had a bias over Rodgers for just that fact alone.

I don't hate his voice, but I sure don't get the admiration for it. Over the years I have listened to plenty of Free and Bad Co., and have always thought he was decent but never one of the best. Could care less if he toured with Queen...if they want to keep going more power to them. Like you said, everyone is different.

Speaking of different, I actually was hoping to see Bob Dylan on here. After getting over the initial :wtf: of him placing #9 on the other ultimate vocalist poll it is kind of entertaining to watch a guy who is not usually thought of as good beat up on other 'stars'. We have a ton of Dylan fans on here..wonder how he would have fared in this poll?

R. Evans

Left Of Center
Reaction score
[Group 1] Freddie Mercury (Queen)
[Group 2] Paul McCartney (The Beatles)
[Group 3] Paul Rodgers (Bad Company)
[Group 4] Robert Plant (Led Zeppelin)

Hardnecker

Reaction score
Putting Perry up against McCartney is just wrong. They are two of the best ever. Gillan and Halford don't hold a candle to either one of them as singers. Mercury, Perry, McCartney and Plant are my final four. One mans opinion.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Easy Harknecker, it's all in good fun and not one "Singer" was seriously injured during the making of this Poll...:grinthumb

Freddie Mercury
Paul McCartney
Ian Gillan
Rob Halford

snowblue

Reaction score
Freddie Mercury
Paul McCartney
Paul Rodgers
Robert Plant

I'm happy as my two favourite singers are still in the running! :)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Except I don't like Steve Perry's voice as much as Paul's so that was easy for me.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HildredLad

Members online