Trying to remember the name of a group

Status
Not open for further replies.

DILLONPRO

Reaction score
I believe the year was 1967. We went to see the Beatles in Philadelphia at the baseball stadium. One of the opening groups was "The Cyrcle". The group in question was the other opening act which was composed of three males. I thought they were great and bought their album the next day. Unfortunately that album disappeared and I have missed it ever since. If anyone can helop me remember them it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
LarryD

Spike

Rock & Soul Archaelogist
Reaction score
I don't know who you're looking for. But I did a quick google and discovered that the Cyrcle opened for the Beatles in Philadelphia on August 16, 1966.

Spike

Jack D.

Reaction score
They did a song called "Red rubber ball". It was very popular. If you do a search using that and The Cyrcle" you should find something.

DILLONPRO

Reaction score
Yes, the more I think about it, it was the summer of 1966. The year that John made quite a stir when he claimed they had become more popular than Jesus.
And yes, The Cyrcle played "Red Rubber Ball" which became very popular.
LarryD

Jack D.

Reaction score
Could the group you are thinking about possibly be "The Remains"? I have been doing searches trying to find something and they are about as close as I can come. Bobby Hebb doesn't fit. The Ronettes are definately wrong. I have had a great and very informative time researching the beatles though.

Spike

Rock & Soul Archaelogist
Reaction score
Jack D. said:
Could the group you are thinking about possibly be "The Remains"? I have been doing searches trying to find something and they are about as close as I can come. Bobby Hebb doesn't fit. The Ronettes are definately wrong. I have had a great and very informative time researching the beatles though.

This seems plausible. I first heard of them from the Nuggets anthology, but I've since talked to people who grew up in the Boston area who say they were huge locally. And I know they opened for the Beatles on one of their tours. But there were three of them, not four. And their only album was apparently released after the Beatles tour.

Spike

algernon

Reaction score
Interesting trivia: Red Rubber Ball was written by Paul Simon.

DILLONPRO

Reaction score
Spike and Jack D,
Sorry I didn't get back sooner but I've been out of town. Thanks for all your input and research. It didn't hit me at first but "The Remains" seemed possibly on track. I thought the group I was looking for was a three man band but a four man was possible. Scanning through the "The Remains" home page I didn't find the album cover which stood out in my memories. Once I went to this site, there it was:

http://www.sonymusic.com/artists/SoundtrackForACentury/ie/track/1827.html

That's it! Thanks a million. Apparently the original album as pictured is not available. I'll be ordering their CD covering the 64' to 66 era coined now as "Barry and The Remains"
Thanks again,
LarryD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online