Trust (Official Thread)

PJC

Reaction score
Once of Wigan (UK)...now Peoria Heights Illinois
Trust-Logo.jpg

Trust ...french hard rock/metal band from the 80's and early 90's ..they were huge in their native homeland ..I was fortunate enough to be playing professional rugby in the south of France in the late 80's and saw Trust a couple of times...always top notch.They were huge friends of Bon Scott ...Anthrax then murdered Antisocial in what must rank as one of the worst covers ever ..Anyways here's the modern day version of Trust on French tv ..

The%2BBand.jpg

Wiki Link

1977 Prends Pas Ton Flingue / Paris By Night [SP] France
1979 Trust I (L'Élite) France, United Kingdom, United States, Netherlands, Japan
1980 Répression France, Germany
1980 Repression (English version of Répression) United Kingdom, United States, Netherlands, Japan, Canada
1981 Marche Ou Crève France, Germany, Italy[ (with Nicko McBrain on drums)
1982 Savage (English version of Marche Ou Crève) United Kingdom, United States, Netherlands, Portugal, Japan (with Nicko McBrain on drums)
1983 Trust IV (Idéal) France, Germany (with Clive Burr on drums)
1984 Man's Trap (English version of Trust IV) United Kingdom, United States, Japan, Netherlands (with Clive Burr on drums)
1984 Rock'n'Roll France, Canada
1988 En attendant... [EP] France, United Kingdom, United States
1992 Prends pas ton flingue [EP] France
1993 The Back Sides [EP] France
1996 Europe et Haines France
2000 Ni Dieu Ni Maître France
2008 13 à table France

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Re: Trust

I was only talking about this brilliant band to a good friend the other day! TRUST were euro- metal years before Rammstien . I know Rammstien are German TRUST French . but what they do have in common is that most of the time they sang in their national language!!! Great bands have come from Europe over the years Scorpions,Accept.etc but they have sung English..bit of a role reversal now...English singing along now in German at Rammstien gigs lol:lmao: Trust werent your normal metal band singing about some loose woman..no! they were very political.which was unheard of bands at the time. Metalpriest is bang on...the album " TRUST" is a must! a superb album great guitar work by Nono Krief. I also own 2 more TRUST albums these were sung in English "Repression" and "Savage" . Great band.:cheers:

PJC

Reaction score
Once of Wigan (UK)...now Peoria Heights Illinois

I had both versions myself ..alas no more ..see my post on the rights and wrongs of fileshare for the full story

Trust are a great band ..they played Reading one year and did 80% of the set in English ..ask most UK rock bands to play a festival in france and sing in the native language ....

Once again a great band lost in the mediocrity of the vast majority of rock bands

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I like it when bands sing in their own language, so many talented bands do a creditable job in English for commercial appeal, but there is something special when they return to their own language and play their music too.

Thanks for the new thread PJC.:tup:

LOU/REALM

Reaction score

TRUST are still rocking...check this newer track out :grinthumb

MP Edit: Video removed by youtube user

LOU/REALM

Reaction score

I actually liked ANTHRAXs version to TRUSTs "Anti-social ". TRUST apart from the AC/DC friends connection also had IRON MAIDENS Nicko McBrain on drums......with Clive Burr also having a spell in the band .
Heres 2 more from Frances finest [ apart from SHAKIN STREET :grinthumb] ....great tunes great 80s metal

E-Z

Reaction score

TRUST were ok i liked them :grinthumb

I had several of there early 1980s cds (French imports) and actually played them quite a lot although a strange experience listening to songs with French lyrics :D

Obviously influenced by AC/DC :D

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Dug out and played an old TRUST album the other day.....time for another thread bump on this great French Metal band.

Paris is still burning/In the name of the race

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online