Triumph (Official Thread)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: Triumph

^^I spent about 30 minutes before I found it Bucky, but it is a great cover and shows the band at their best.:tup:

taha

Reaction score

triump shoulda done a copy of Montrose's Bad Motor Scooter
just say'in

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Their cover of Rocky Mountain Way from Lord's cover of Rock and Roll Machine is killer! Gil Moore vocals!

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^I agree I like it more than the original myself.:tup:

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score

Been a LONG time fan of Triumph. I know a lot of people didn't care for Thunder Seven, including critics but for some reason, it's been my favorite album of theirs since the first time I heard it. To this day, I don't think there's a single track that isn't good, some are great. Side 1 was more radio oriented, but side 2 had some good stuff on it, namely Killing Time, Stranger in a Strange Land, and Little Boy Blues

Thought Time Canon was pretty cool vocal work too. ;)

Rocker440

Reaction score

Okay how about this one Bucky?

Kudos LG! That's the actual album jacket of my favorite Triumph release, and also the first Triumph album that I bought! Although there appears to be some minor wear on the jacket edges! ;) I must've played that vinyl non stop for many days when I got that record! :grinthumb

Rock and Roll Machine, Allied Forces, Thunder Seven are all essentials, imo! It is a true shame that radio only seems to recognize and play songs from Allied Forces to this day. I do enjoy those songs, but they were played many times over when it first came out. Most of my favorite songs have been posted by the cool, fellow rocker members here! :cheers:

LOU/REALM

Reaction score

I have a couple of their albums...with American girls being my favourite track. They never got the recognision they deserved here in the u.k They were a 3 piece, they were Canadian.....and they always got compared to RUSH....GRRRR:mad:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

That is strange Lou, Triumph is just a kick ass hard rock band, I never compared them to Rush at all, other than they are both Power Trios.

LOU/REALM

Reaction score

No not you my good friend Lord Grendel .the British music magazines at the time. As you say...they dont even sound similar..

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrazyLionEye

Members online