Tonic

LyricalLaurel

EΔЯ ЯESPOИSIBŁE, too!
Reaction score
Great band! They were actually only the second artist ever and the first actual band I ever saw live since they opened up for the Goo Goo Dolls! Since you guys have the bases covered on the band I must say lead singer, Emerson Harts solo album, was excellent as well. The lead single off that album was absolutely beautiful and powerful. Lyrically one of the best and most powerful pop songs I've seen! Emerson wrote this about a couple who loved each other but weren't in love with each other anymore thus leading to their divorce. When I heard this the timing was impeccable and it still moves me like crazy to this day! :grinthumb

I Wish The Best For You

OMG, Sooty. What a powerful voice and great lyrics. And yes, beautiful. I'm a sucker for powerful lyrics... telling a story...

LyricalLaurel

EΔЯ ЯESPOИSIBŁE, too!
Reaction score
I just ordered Lemon Parade.:grinthumb

Decisions, decisions!! :wa I just listened to the 3 songs from Sugar and... I'm absolutely hooked.

I am probably in the minority here at CRF but I really enjoy songs in which I can hear and understand the words --- not just what I always considered "screaming" :bonk: I'm trying to widen my horizons on the "screaming" thing but I am finding I don't need to - I would rather widen them on bands like Tonic!! :tup:

Last edited:

JerseyGirl

Reaction score
Decisions, decisions!! :wa I just listened to the 3 songs from Sugar and... I'm absolutely hooked.

I am probably in the minority here at CRF but I really enjoy songs in which I can hear and understand the words --- not just what I always considered "screaming" :bonk: I'm trying to widen my horizons on the "screaming" thing but I am finding I don't need to - I would rather widen them on bands like Tonic!! :tup:

I know what you mean! I figured I would start with Lemon Parade and then go from there. I agree there are some on Sugar that I liked as well, especially Sugar. I may have to go with download on that though because I didn't see where you can purchase the CD. I'm old school in the sense that I like to have the actual CD vs downloading. Same thing with books. I need to hold the actual book in my hand and not an electronic reading device.:D

Mr. T

Reaction score
Damn!! Maybe if managed these guys they would sell more copies. :heheh:

Glad you both found a new addiction! :D

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
OMG, Sooty. What a powerful voice and great lyrics. And yes, beautiful. I'm a sucker for powerful lyrics... telling a story...

Yes, it's a real tragic one but a positive one between the battle of losing someone you still truly love but loving them enough to want the best for them despite everything. So many degrees of love. So, I'm definitely in agreeance with everyone that Sugar is a great album. It was the first out of the three I bought (not including the live EP from the concert I saw) It's my favorite out of all of them. I love "You Wanted More"! It was my hook but I loved the other single "Mean To Me". It's kind of a juvenile (though still noble) sentiment at this age but I still like the melody and tone of his voice in it. I also remember being surprised at hearing the F-bomb dropped by a radio friendly pop rock band (the album version) at the time.

Mean To Me

LyricalLaurel

EΔЯ ЯESPOИSIBŁE, too!
Reaction score
I may have to go with download on that though because I didn't see where you can purchase the CD. I'm old school in the sense that I like to have the actual CD vs downloading. Same thing with books. I need to hold the actual book in my hand and not an electronic reading device.:D

I have just acquired the 5 album discography. I'm delighted. I feel that way about some music, JG, and some books. But I'm delighted with my ereader :D

Taking these tunes (no, not Tunez~! :lmao:) to work with me tomorrow!

JerseyGirl

Reaction score
I have just acquired the 5 album discography. I'm delighted. I feel that way about some music, JG, and some books. But I'm delighted with my ereader :D

Taking these tunes (no, not Tunez~! :lmao:) to work with me tomorrow!

Glad you got them!:grinthumb

Oh and eventually I'm going to have to change my 'old school' ways.:heheh:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoustonBoy

Staff online

Members online