Tonic

Mr. T

Reaction score

This a band that is a little bit out of my normal boundaries but I just really like them and felt they deserved a thread. Certainly, Tonic's sounds can be linked to many of the heavy-hitting alternative rock groups during their heyday in the mid-'90s, such as Stone Temple Pilots and Pearl Jam, though Tonic has a style and charm uniquely its own.

Vocalist/guitarist Emerson Hart formed the alternative/roots band in 1993 with guitarist Jeff Russo (a childhood friend), bassist Dan Rothchild, and drummer Kevin Shepard. This original line-up released their first album, Lemon Parade, in 1996.

Open Up Your Eyes

Casual Affair

If You Could Only See

Mountain

[/CENTER]

LyricalLaurel

EΔЯ ЯESPOИSIBŁE, too!
Reaction score
Another great new band, Tunez. Thanks! I especially liked the first song - don't really know why - I'll have to listen more intently when I am at home. I enjoy seeing all the "new"/relatively unknown artists you in your posts - something different. :tup:

Mr. T

Reaction score
^^^ Glad you two like what you hear. :D This is another really good track off that album...

You Wanted More

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Looks like i've got a new album to look up. I really like what I hear :grinthumb

Mr. T

Reaction score
Sugar is the second opus from the band and dropped in 1999. While the obvious bigger singles ("You Wanted More" from the American Pie soundtrack and "Knock Down Walls," which sports a great '80s power pop vibe) are present here, there are no bad songs to be found anywhere on the entire album.

Sugar

Future Says Run

Knock Down Walls

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Great band! They were actually only the second artist ever and the first actual band I ever saw live since they opened up for the Goo Goo Dolls! Since you guys have the bases covered on the band I must say lead singer, Emerson Harts solo album, was excellent as well. The lead single off that album was absolutely beautiful and powerful. Lyrically one of the best and most powerful pop songs I've seen! Emerson wrote this about a couple who loved each other but weren't in love with each other anymore thus leading to their divorce. When I heard this the timing was impeccable and it still moves me like crazy to this day! :grinthumb

I Wish The Best For You

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tayson ray