Thunderous LOUD Aussies

Recky

Reaction score
heading_zpsadf97f18.jpg
[/IMG]

NOW ...I've probably put a few of these AWESOME TUNES on earlier blogs...BUT TOUGH...here they are again , with a few of the other amp shattering buggers that populate the Great Southern Land ( Cheers Iva Davies)

albumwall1_zpsd97f5e88.jpg
[/IMG]

I've got a big love for Aussie rock from the 70's (as if you hadnt worked that out already)...so I thought its been a while since I blogged at the shrine of Murray Engleheart...so I thought i'd bang out another one...this blog will have all the usual cuplrits...Buffalo, Lobby, Thorpey, Buster Brown..but I've chucked in a few other speaker splitters of a more recent timeframe, WELL, sort of...I got a few blokes from the era that you may not have heard of..Desert Rat for one and maybe Finch and Feather for another

albumwall2_zps532ab940.jpg
[/IMG]

And Ive also chucked in some bands that populated the 80's and beyond....bands like Boss, The Living End, Heaven, The Candy Harlots, The Deadthings, Chokky Starfish and Airbourne...one and all extremely loud bands, although Occupational, Health and Safety regs lowered their volume a smidge, comapred to Loydie and Thyorpey anyway...

wall4_zpsb238fca5.jpg
[/IMG]

Lets go through them, shall we?:....

BOSS...
Came along during the NWOBHM years in Europe, Craig Csongrady was lead singer and had quite the set of pipes to be fair, sadly, aussie music industry gave Boss less than a fare shot, in my humble opinion, and the band split ..Craig went on to sing with BB Steal ( as Beg Borrow and Steal)..also a rockin band..look 'em up.

wall3_zps3cb9c70d.jpg
[/IMG]

HEAVEN...
After Alan Fryer didnt get Bons job in AkkaDakka, he turned around and formed Heaven, the band I can safely say released two of the greatest hard rock tracks in Aussie music history..IN THE BEGINNING and ROCK SCHOOL.....a great band live, had the pleasure of seeing them a time or two.

AirbournE_zps2f9874ec.jpg

CANDY HARLOTS...
Aussies answer to Motley Crue..at least I thought so, they had the same mind set ...from 87 to 95 they sleeze up aussie music with ever increasing volume...my personal fave member was head sleeze merchant Aiz Lynch and SISTERS CRAZY is the greatest song of 5 Wicked Ways...get amongst it

CHOCOLATE STARFISH...
Nothing to do with limp bizkit in any way shaope or form...saw the Chokkys about a dozen times and always an great show..Adam thompson is another underrated aussie singer

THE LIVING END....
aussies answer to the Stray Cats (for want of a better description)...and a awesome live act, Ive included my fave track PRISONER OF SOCIETY for your edification

wall2_zpsb0837475.jpg
[/IMG]

CHOIRBOYS...
Mark Gable and the boys...ROCKIN BAND...Ive blogged about em before...go find it...for the moment , Ive included the stellar track entitled BULLSHIT...for your enjoyment..Everybody SING ...Bullshit...BULLshit...BULLSHIT

AIRBOURNE...
same again, Ive blogged loud and proud about the fella's from Airbourne, the saviours of LOUD aussie rock, and to that end Ive included my fave track EVER...Blonde Bad and Beautiful

wall1_zps4c47fb23.jpg
[/IMG]

THE DEAD THINGS...
A fair comparison would be ..the aussie version of Wednesday 13...they had that horror rock thing happening, and they werent bad live, BUT...just 15 years too late ...shame really

AND as per usual, I have made a gift for you ....so help yourself and CRANK IT

https://hotfile.com/dl/196068490/316069e/THUNDEROUS_COMP.rar.html
THUNDEROUSLY LOUD AUSSIES COMPILATION

reck'n'roll

metallidave22_zps65addef5.jpg

Powerage

Let There Be Rock!
Reaction score
The Casanovas - Break Your Heart

The Aussie's sure know how to rock.

Find member

Latest posts