The Worst Musical Decade?

The Worst Musically Talented Decade. Choose one.

• The 1950's

Votes: 20 12.6%
  • The 1960's

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • The 1970's

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • The 1980's

Votes: 32 20.1%
  • The 1990's

Votes: 18 11.3%
  • The 2000's

Votes: 82 51.6%

• Total voters

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
that may sound cool....but, that's about it.

:rolleyes: We're on the exact same page, dude. I did not say I don't like music that's on the charts. 99% of the music I listen to charted. Most of the bands I like that are obscure today still charted back when they were new. I said exactly what you said -- I don't care if it's on the charts or not. The post I was replying to acted as though the fact rock left the charts was a bad thing... to me it's a non-thing, a neutral thing, who cares, right?

Rock n roll deserves to roam free. It probably never will outside of small movements here and there, but it deserves to. Metal's had the privilege of evolving without the considerable possibility of massive chart success and that's been very good for the genre, overall.

:cheers2

Like Magic said, I love pop music as well. Very, very, very much so! :D

Foxhound

retired
Reaction score
I think rock and roll should roam free, but if it ends up on the chart, and it's good....that's great. I don't agree that it doesn't belong on the charts.

I agree. Chart success is a positive insofar as it encourages the band. But it's certainly not a sufficient quality determining condition either. As you say, nearly everything that achieves chart success these days is crap.

:pirate:

The Beatles

retired
Reaction score
The music we like, classic rock, peaked during the 70's and it's been going downhill ever since which each decade worst than the previous one. I guess that would make this decade the worst one yet.

Peaked in the 60s.

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
The 90s were better for classic rock than the 80s were. I mean, what do you like more, Landing on Water or Ragged Glory?

LXA

Old Noob
Reaction score
2000s HANDS DOWN.

There may of been some bad musicians in the 80s and 90s, but seriously, look at this last decade. There has not been not ONE single great Mainstream musicians. FACT. For every good musician/group in the 2000s theres 500 bad ones. maybe more. All the mainstream artists are shit. Good mainstream artists in the 2000s don't go hand in hand.

80s had THRASH metal and stuff man, how could the 80s be the worst?
And the 50s had Elvis. Then look at all the bands famous in the 2000s... Justin Bieber, Chris Brown, T Pain, Nickelback, Fallout Boy, ETC. Every single one of them is shit.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rascal_212

Staff online

Members online