1965 It Ain't Me Babe
1966 You Baby
1967 Happy Together
1968 The Turtles Present the Battle of the Bands
1969 Turtle Soup
1970 Wooden Head
1986 Chalon Road
1986 Shell Shock

Isn't it about time?? Let's explore the weird and whacky world of a young surf rock band gone gold and believed to be a british band. Also we can explore the world of Flo & Eddie (Mark & Howard) in general!!!

Have a good time here and kick your feet up....share what you got...your favorite albums,memories,tunes..

turtles_06.jpg

turtles.JPG

Let's get HAPPY TOGETHER!!

Turtles.jpg

turtles.jpg

B0002XBPXQ.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Re: The Official TURTLES Thread

Interesting guys as evidenced by the first vid! :heheh: Who doesn't like "Happy Together" though? :grinthumb The second track was weird! :heheh: Cool thread! :grinthumb

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Wierd is right! Theyhad their share of wierd tunes but had alot of pop songs and ballads too! One of my FAVORITE bands form the 60's hands down!! Their variety was STUNNING!!! They tried it all really.

Here is some trippy, jazzy stuff for ya! :****:

Rocker440

Reaction score

Cool thread, MP! :grinthumb

I'm a long time fan of The Turtles! I had a Greatest Hits compilation album that I used to play a lot, and also wore out a couple of songs in particular that were favorites. I believe the first Turtles song that I heard was from old AM radio when I was a young lad. Although some people might not take some, or perhaps a lot of the songs seriously, The Turtles were an excellent band, that did have great harmonies, imo! With the combination of Flo and Eddie having both good songwriting, vocal capabilities and also some cheeky strangeness, which is fairly noticeable in a few of the videos. That probably is also one of the possible reasons with them joining Frank Zappa for some additional fun and weirdness in the 1970's, too! :heheh:

Here's one of my long time favorite Turtles tunes which has excellent harmonies...

The Turtles - Elenore

:cheers2

Last edited by a moderator:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

^^^ Elenore is one of my favorites man!! :bow:

This is a good one too!! (Another band in the list of bands and artists that could out Dylan Dylan on Dylan's tunes)

It Ain't Me Babe

rtbuck

Reaction score

I love their version of the Vera Lynn hit "We'll Meet Again" & they also did a decent cover of Eve of Destruction

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score

I had know idea till very recently, that FLO & EDDIE oF Zappa fame were the same blokes in The Turtles :bonk:

Really it's obviously their voices !When I read it in a bio..about The Turtles IT was like duhhhh ! But the connection didn't ring up til I read it lol ..:wtf:

Anyways I LOVE them ..I love ELENORE so much if I had a daughter instead of a son...that was gonna be her name lol :D:grinthumb

Anyway THIS is another favorite..these guys are wacko's LOOK at the crazy hair :heheh:Love them

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Feeling a little happy go lucky right now, so I thought I'd post this track.

Person Without A Care

turtles.jpg

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shannan518

Members online