The Troggs (Official Thread)

joe

Reaction score
Re: The Troggs!

Hey Flower,

That's the original but they did another version on The Trogg Tapes(1976) which is alot heavier. I did upload it to Youtube and it's in my account and tried to download to this site. It states that the video you have requested is not available. It's under the title "Gonna Make Ya" on Youtube. Take a listen, it kicks ass.

SkySaxon

Reaction score

they are in my top five favorite bands, i have all their songs including their early 90's album with R.E.M members, they have some good psychedelic tunes too.

MP edit: Video removed by YOUTUBE user

(their earliest one)

Vid removed by YOUTUBE user

Lord Dweedle

Reaction score

I just discovered this band, these guys are cool, its so awesome that even though ive been hunting good groups for 2 years non-stop I find something so cool like The Troggs, I LOVE Wild Thing.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

E-Z

Reaction score
I have been listening to The Troggs over the last few years (I actually vaguely remember hearing Wild Thing by them on the radio back in 1965/66 when I was a youngster) and in particular the 1976 album The Trogg Tapes although it ISN'T the infamous studio bootleg recording of the band arguing and swearing amongst themselves at a rehearsal session in 1970 but a album of new material from 1976 that also includes a spoof 10-11 minutes talking sequence tagged on the end of the cd of the band at a rehearsal session when their manager a Mr.Cohen shows up and basically 'rips them off' to much laughter by all in attendance including their supposed manager Mr.Cohen!. Mr.Cohen I presume isn't their proper manage because Larry Page was. The music on the album is actually good mid 1970s rock and the end sequence where their manager Mr.Cohen shows up at the rehearsals is actually quite amusing to be honest.

Below The Trogg Tapes album from 1976-

https://cdn7.bigcommerce.com/s-gcn1.../troggs_tapes_cover_52484.1535442610.jpg?.c=2

Last edited:

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
Nice zap from the past E-Z..people often forget what a Tour De Force The Troggs were. A solid band with decent album tracks...not just 'fillers'...this has been on replay for yonks in my gaff.
Cousin Jane.

Gibraltar

Reaction score
I bought Love is all around by the Troggs when it came out, and their version is still the best in my opinion. Still, Reg must have appreciated the royalties from the other version !

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online