The top 40 AOR vocalists of all time

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
there is a few vocalist imho wouldn't be on the list. Mike Tramp and four other should be top ten...That 70s Guy you did a great job with the list dude but like @Hydrazoic Acid fears Steve Perry number one :uh::wtf:

I'd put Steve Perry at #1........of AOR. Although after all these years, I haven't been able to figure out what AOR really means
:dunno:

My assumption is AOR is synonymous with "corporate" and "generic".

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Thank you, @Frands.

I have seen it called "adult oriented rock", "arena oriented rock", and "album oriented rock". I have also seen articles loosely calling AOR "anthem oriented rock". And we even had a discussion a few years back on CRF that came to no solid conclusions.....

My whole point is......its just a poorly defined label applied to the ever growing need to be nit picky about music genre.

However, I do think the first definition was "album oriented rock". This came about with the advent of analog 33 rpm vinyl albums coinciding with FM radio. The move from the 45 rpm singles. It amounted to recording a band's songs in "tracks" which were easier for Dj's to play.

I think if I were actually choosing a genre definition for AOR, I'd go with anthem oriented rock.
:D

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online