The Temper Trap

Ezequiel

Reaction score
eMalahleni, South Africa & Delft, Holland
In 2005 a couple of guys decided to start a band. Based in Melbourne, they are yet another product of the land down under. Dougie Mandagi, Jonathon Aherne, Lorenzo Sillitto and Toby Dundas published a EP a year later which included these 3 songs among another one.

Sirens

My Sun

Peter Parkers Alter Ego

Last year, 2009, they published their first full album which was called "Conditions" and blew me away when I first heard it. I remember how it started. I was visiting my brother and we were installing his Playstation 3. We found a jukebox-like application which played a song that I didn't know yet. It was "Sweet Disposition" and since I heard that song, I was completely in love with this band.

Here are some other songs:

Science Of Fear

Fader

Down River

To finish it off, the song that got me hooked up on this band:

Sweet Disposition

Ohw, and guys, I saw them perform live today at Pinkpop, a annual Dutch rock-festival!!! I feel so good after seeing them. Also Kasabian and Paolo Nutini by the way, but that's for a different topic ;)

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
I'm a bit of a Temper Trap fan too, I love the song Love Lost, and the general sound they have. The interplay between drums and Dougy's voice is stunning, and sets them apart from a lot of indie bands going around. :grinthumb

:phones:

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score
To finish it off, the song that got me hooked up on this band:

Sweet Disposition
This song is getting lots of radio play here in L.A. and I like it a lot, too, Ezequiel. I'll have to check the rest of the vids you posted tomorrow when I have time. Hope it's more of the same.

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
I find the other tracks on the album have less immedate impact than Sweet Disposition, but they grew on me the more I listened. Each listener is different though, and I hope you do like what you hear! :D

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrentonBeo

Members online

No members online now.