The Saints

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score
I borrowed my Mum's Saint's albums "I'm Stranded" and "Eternally Yours". Funny to think now that my Mum listened to punk music :heheh: The Saints were a popular Brisbane band in the 70's.

AND I REALLY LIKE THIS SONG THEY DID IN THE 80's :grinthumb

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Blimey ! Not only do you Sunny have a good ear for good music so has your mum!!! :)
I love THE SAINTS ! They were to me my favourite punk band...even more than the Pistols and The Clash. I cherish my "im stranded " album on vinyl. The "Eternally yours" album Ive been after for years.....
By the time they released "Prehistoric sounds " THE SAINTS had changed from a punk style to a rather sleazy jazz blues style. I ve got to admit...that album did take a while to get into.......

Sunny

Reaction score
Another Saints fan!! Great stuff Lou! Yeah, my Mum still has the concert ticket from a concert at the Roundhouse in London in 1977. The Saints and The Ramones. It must have been a brilliant concert. Did you go to that one?

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
No im afraid i didnt Sunny...I was a bit of a metalhead in them days..so I missed the likes of The Saints + Ramones in their heydey. Although ive seen classic punk bands..The stranglers,Stiff little fingers ,and the buzzcocks in later years.
The Saints made a big impression over here in the UK signing a record deal and rave reviews.check out this mini documentry

Ialso have a ED KEUPPER album somewhere in my record collection.....:)

Sunny

Reaction score
Thanks for putting that up Lou :)

I have also seen The Buzzcocks and Stiff Little Fingers. Great to see them still touring the world and drawing large crowds.

Sunny

Reaction score
I went along to listen to Chris Bailey (lead singer in the Saints) and Ed Kuepper one night last week. Both have been through their various evolutionary stages so it was fun to see them playing as a duo. They sang rambling songs that made it somewhat of a Dylan-esque evening :heheh:

Kuepper played electric guitar whilst Bailey dabbled with various instruments and they shared the vocals. A good night out!

ComfortablyNumb

Unquestionable Presence
Reaction score
I was going to make a thread on these guys in the punk section, but already a thread made haha.

First time I heard these guys was back in my freshman year (9th grade) on a skate video I bought. It was (I'm) Stranded. Have loved them ever since.