The Rolling Stones (Official Thread)

Foxhound

retired
Reaction score
Re: The Official Rolling Stones Thread!!!

So, now that's the remastered version of Exile On Main St. been out for more than a couple of weeks - what does everyone think?

I think it's really outstanding - and if any one Stones album needed remastering it was Exile. They really brought up Jagger's vocals in the mix. The whole band sounds better. This is one remastering job that really makes a big difference and is worth picking up.

I'm holding out for them to issue a remastered version including the ten extra tracks on 180 gram vinyl. That's what I want.

Vic2010 said:
I think my favorite Stones album is:

Sticky Fingers

I definitely prefer "Sticky Fingers" to "Exile on Main Street".

:guitar:

Foxhound

retired
Reaction score

The "Stones in Exile" rockumentary is being released on DVD this week:

:rock:

FretBuzz

Monkey Man
Reaction score

I've been really digging the new release of EOMS - the new stuff on it is a nice extra (nice to hear more Stones stuff with Bill Wyman, Mick Taylor & Nicky Hopkins on it). Some of it is a really weird mix of old Stones material overdubbed with new stuff (Jagger sounds much different these days from how he did in '71), but I think its been my favorite Stones release since Stripped (well, then again, I liked No Security a lot too...)

Looking forward to picking up the Stones In Exile dvd - its been getting some mixed reviews from those who already have it, but since its priced at just $13 I ain't gonna complain about the Will.I.Am or Benicio Del Toro interviews on it.

FretBuzz

Monkey Man
Reaction score

I think my favorite Stones album is:

Sticky Fingers

:oy:

I'm a HUGE Stones fan.
My top 5 from them:

Exile on Main Street
Get yer Ta-Ta's Out (oops I mean Ya-Ya's)
Sticky Fingers
Let it Bleed
Beggars Banquet

Exile may not have many hits on it, but its rich in atmosphere, groove, soul, and tasty licks.

rtbuck

Reaction score

The "Stones in Exile" rockumentary is being released on DVD this week:

I just picked up the DVD today at borders for 12.99. It's 145 minutes long. I watched a little bit of it earlier today & it definitely seems pretty interesting.
I also bought the 10 downloads of the unreleased tunes today & am pleased with them especially "Dancing in the Light" & "Goodtime Woman". "Title 5" is a really cool instumental

Foxhound

retired
Reaction score

Very, very cool! I see Eric Clapton up there as well. The clip looks like it's from the Stones' 1989 concert tour.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cucukakek89apk

Members online