The return of...The Cars?

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Yes...agreed!! I can't wait to hear it. I wish Ben was still with us.....but it's sort of cool that Greg is gonna take on the role of bass too.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Oh yeah...just the 4 of them?? What a cool tribute. Doing it now as well...it's not like they're cashing in on anything. New music proves this...and the fact they waited soo long. Well at least Ric. :cheers2

Greg plays ALOT of instruments and a mean ukelele too. :grinthumb

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I will give the new album a spin when it comes out, but I would pass on seeing them tour. Benjamin Orr and Greg Hawkes were the show, they added the electricity to a live Cars concert.

I would amend that a little after thinking it over. What they should do is dig out some concert footage of a Supertramp concert, and then do something similar. If you are going to try and reproduce the sound of the studio albums as close as possible live then add some interesting backdrops and effects to carry the show and keep people interested. I know Ric is the "epitome of Cool" intentionally according to his biggest fan in here the Lady, but that just doesn't stand on it's own at a live show.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DebDimond

Members online