The Pineapple Thief (Official Thread)

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
THE PINEAPPLE THIEF

Pineapple+Thief+the++dk+01.jpg

The Pineapple Thief Official Website

Another incredible band that deserves far more recognition than they are getting currently. I found them through Last.FM and recently went ahead and downloaded each of their albums to get a feel for their sound before I buy any physical albums. So far though, I am very very impressed with them. The lyrics and music are both powerful and great to listen to.

So far, they've released a total of 8 studio albums:

41RMdmL0xL_SL500_AA300_.jpg3616146.jpg

20447481_300x300_1.jpg46869463.jpg

b_59128_Pineapple_Thief-Abducting_The_Unicorn-1999.jpgcover_1432122982009.jpg

Pineapple_Thief_-_Variations_On_A_Dream.jpg2h2iof7.jpg

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
I took the entire day and listened to their entire discography. Such an incredible experience, there are a bunch of songs that I absolutely love:

Including a 27+ minute closing track off the What We Have Sown release

The 137 track of the 137 release is pretty incredible as well.

RandolphCarter

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing this discovery :)

THe vocals remind me a lot of "Smashing Pumpkins". I think I'll go and get some of their albums now, too ^^

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing this discovery :)

THe vocals remind me a lot of "Smashing Pumpkins". I think I'll go and get some of their albums now, too ^^

I'd recommend Little Man as a starter album.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Wait! What!? My Pumpkin radar failed me? :omg: Prime, you never told me? :wtf: :heheh: I'm on this! NOW! :grinthumb

I wanted to surprise you Soots. I think you'll really enjoy them. The vocalist is becoming one of my favorites.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I wanted to surprise you Soots. I think you'll really enjoy them. The vocalist is becoming one of my favorites.

I am actually just on the first song! It's rare that someone evokes the Pumpkins style which is one reason I loved the Silversun Pickups! I'm really back into Pumpkins retro mood after their reissues are coming out so I'm really enjoying this! Great find man! :cheers2

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
I am actually just on the first song! It's rare that someone evokes the Pumpkins style which is one reason I loved the Silversun Pickups! I'm really back into Pumpkins retro mood after their reissues are coming out so I'm really enjoying this! Great find man! :cheers2

Glad to hear it. I was pretty stoked to discover them as well. They're perfect when i'm in a chill mood.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Gosh, even the distorted guitar work is so Pumpkins! Why are these guys hiding?

I don't know. Apparently they've been together since before 99. Surprising since I just now heard of them a few weeks ago.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online