The Old Grey Whistle Test

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
^^^ It was a great show Sunny, here's Rory on his 28th birthday performing on TOGWT... :cheers2

Truckin

Ride Captain Ride
Reaction score
One thing I forgot to mention in my original post was the origin of the name of the show.The name was a 'tin pan alley' phrase from years ago. When they got the first pressing of a record they would play it to people they called the old greys (doormen in grey suits). The ones that could remember and could whistle having heard it just once or twice had passed the old grey whistle test.

Shaz

Reaction score
One thing I forgot to mention in my original post was the origin of the name of the show.The name was a 'tin pan alley' phrase from years ago. When they got the first pressing of a record they would play it to people they called the old greys (doormen in grey suits). The ones that could remember and could whistle having heard it just once or twice had passed the old grey whistle test.

I was wondering how they came up with the name of the show. Thanks Truckin.

snowblue

Reaction score
Thanks for starting this thread, Truckin! :grinthumb

Really bringing back some good memories - I was a faithful viewer back in the Bob Harris days and discovered a lot of new bands from watching the show. Well, they were "new" back then! :tongue:

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Another memorable appearance......MONTROSE with the late great Ronnie Montrose on guitar and a young Sammy Hagar :bow:

Bad motor scooter

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online