The Nixons (Official Thread)

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
The Nixons

The+Nixons+theNixons3.jpg

This is a band that came out around the grunge era that I heard for myself in college! I heard the single on the radio far after their peak and when I heard it I tried so hard to research what it was until FINALLY I found it! It really took a while! :heheh: A lot of picking the lyrics up in segments when I would here it which was rare because I heard it after it's peak and had to google it in segments until something clicked. I think it's one of the 90's best grunge ballads period. The song was

"Sister"

Such a great song and the acoustic version I found after is even better IMO!

"Sister (acoustic)"

This original studio version was off of the album:

"Foma"

e4e6ccbd7b3bf272588dd86da8a.jpg

Were the Nixons the most unique band in the world! No! But I remember loving this era of music and picking up every band that satisfied my craving for that grunge sound but was just as much rock with a gritty sound! I think this is another band that doesn't get remembered enough considering the love here for similar bands of the time! Thoughts, opinions, comments, etc. :tup:

Oblivion

Reaction score
Re: "The Nixons"

For some reason I have these guys in my library... I'm guessing that reason is you Bry :D I like their music !

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Re: "The Nixons"

The Nixons had a good follow up album as well with the followup Self Titled album:

The Nixons
0000417815_350.jpg

Here's a single off of it:

Baton Rouge

I always liked this song! It's kind of one I can imagine chilling to on a college campus:

Sad Sad Me

and the closing track has a slow dark melodic groove with a nice horn section:

Shine

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Re: The Official" (The) Nixons Thread

Baton Rouge is a good song and I like the acoustic version of Sister...very nice...:grinthumb

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rascal_212

Staff online

Members online