The MOST "Over-Rated" band(s)..... EVER.

CLASIKROKR

Reaction score
First one that came to my mind was Journey, just never cared for Perry's high pitched girl voice. BUT....... you guys might have it with Nirvana, man I would rather jam a icepick in my ear then listen to Kurt Cobain!!!

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score
^^I love Zeppelin AK, but I admit that them, the Beatles, the Who and the Stones get overpraised quite often. Doesn't diminish my love for their music though.
I'll agree with you on the Who and Rolling Stones but not the Beatles :D

Bob Marley, he is okay but a little reggae goes a long way for me, I don't have any of his records.
Yeah I know the Marley stoner knock but thats not how I got into him back in the late 70's. Plus these days traveling and knowing people in the
Caribbean its part of my year I listen to plenty of reggae. Another fixation for me and music. Like I need another.

My pick, I'll lob a newer band out there than most people in the forum know I have a dislike for "Oasis". I know overrated is a completely personal
observation but I just don't think they were all that great of a band, and I don't own 1 of their albums. I wouldn't mind going a few rounds in the
ring with both of the Gallagher brothers though.:grinthumb

I like them but I can see someone saying that. Funny I might put them on a underrated band. :bonk:

tomcat

CRF Ex-Con
Reaction score
On a Misty Mountain overlooking Strawberry Fields.
Pink Floyd I've tried listening to them, and I just don't get the facination with them. They are WAY overrated.

Bob Marley isn't overrated--because that reggae SHT--isn't even rock. I think Marley is a joke. Bob Marley is repulsive to my ears. And absolutely, a lot of posers (posing for what I do not know), usually college kids, are into that grubby, Medusa looking ****.

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score
Pink Floyd I've tried listening to them, and I just don't get the facination with them. They are WAY overrated.

Bob Marley isn't overrated--because that reggae SHT--isn't even rock. I think Marley is a joke. Bob Marley is repulsive to my ears. And absolutely, a lot of posers (posing for what I do not know), usually college kids, are into that grubby, Medusa looking ****.

I was waiting for TC to mention Pink Floyd :heheh:

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
I think I'd have to give my vote to either U2 or The Police. I just don't understand the draw of those two...:confused:

JuddBonus

Reaction score
Lets start with the styles...... (I know weve been through this before...but I didnt get a chance to mention it but it still works here) right.?

Any acid/psychodelic hippie bullcrap of the 60... this does NOT count Hendrix.

and

Anything geared towards the (late arrivals of generation X) but more towards generations Y AND Z.. its extremely rare exceptions within this lot.. but Ill be picking through them in the future.. wanna get this right, some of them are far more deserving then others in this thread so.......

One last thing... bands that start off simple, straight-forward not like the others and have actually have something to say.. BUT sells themselves out.. or change musicial styles to sound like everybody else before their time or should of never done that.... theres alot of them..

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hannibal37

Staff online

Members online