The Most Awesomely Eighties 1980s Music Videos

TrekkiELO

Reaction score
Rolling Stone forgot "Hold on Tight" by ELO for both their MEGA-BUDGET and BLACK & WHITE categories!

I got the following information, then put it up on Wikipedia myself!

The previous year, David Bowie had released his "Ashes to Ashes" music video which was considered as the most innovative to date at that time. But ELO were largely regarded to have surpassed that with their music video for "Hold On Tight". At the time it was the most expensive ever made at around £40,000. - UK Midlands Central TV News, August, 1981, Thanks, Ade!

Also

It was filmed in black-and-white and pays homage to old serial films with ELO playing in the scenes.

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
Rolling Stone forgot "Hold on Tight" by ELO for both their MEGA-BUDGET and BLACK & WHITE categories!

I got the following information, then put it up on Wikipedia myself!

The previous year, David Bowie had released his "Ashes to Ashes" music video which was considered as the most innovative to date at that time. But ELO were largely regarded to have surpassed that with their music video for "Hold On Tight". At the time it was the most expensive ever made at around £40,000. - UK Midlands Central TV News, August, 1981, Thanks, Ade!

Also

It was filmed in black-and-white and pays homage to old serial films with ELO playing in the scenes.

Was that Mik Kaminski playing 2nd guitar on this clip?

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nepowerdry1

Members online