The Monkees: All Things Monkees (Official Thread)

snakes&ladders

Reaction score
Re: The Monkees: All Things Monkees

The Monkees are an absolutely underrated band in my rock book:). Loved all their tunes...at least they never wimped out on me :)

monkeescartoons.png

By blackglove at 2009-12-05

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

When I was a young girl about 13, Davy Jones was such a heart throb. hearts-afire.gif

DavyJones6067front.jpg

Davy Jones still looks good for a man his age :D

I wanted to "rumble" with Marcia Brady over the guest appearance of Davy on the Brady Bunch.

I also found this Smithsonian film clip talking about an instance where Peter Tork and Davy Jones had an actual fist fight over band issues. Then they decided to make a parody out of it on one of their shows.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Awesome contributions Magic!!!! Happy fan here.

Snakes , cool comic strip. The Monkees have a song called Mr. Webster. Really cool it is!

monkeesfan1967

Reaction score

I'm a huge Monkees fan, they're a very underrated band that deserve more and actually did quite a bit for music.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

I'm a huge Monkees fan, they're a very underrated band that deserve more and actually did quite a bit for music.

I totally agree!

"Hey, Hey, were the Monkees" is still a line that gets stuck in my head. A lot of the Monkees pop music was catchy and you couldn't help but like it and go around singing it to yourself.

snakes&ladders

Reaction score

Nesmith went on to prove that he knew how to play and how to play GOOD :):)

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score

The Monkees were a few years before my time, but I always liked what songs of theirs I'd hear on the radio. Notably, the "Monkees theme song", "Daydream Believer", "I'm Not Your Stepping Stone", "I'm a Believer" and "The Last Train To Clarksville".

Then back in the mid 80's, the Sunday night DJ on one of the stations here in L.A. (whose weekly four hour set was dedicated to past and present underground and psychedelic bands) played a pre-taped station ID by Micky Dolenz followed by this very cool song

I forgot all about the song untill a few years ago when I was digitizing all of my tapes of "over-the-air" content to preserve songs which I figured were out of print. Luckily I picked up "She Hangs Out" on iTunes, along with a few other songs from the 60's by some rather obscure artists that I figured would also be "OOP". But, yeah... She Hangs Out. Surprising I'd never ever heard it before as it's actually a pretty cool song.

And after seeing the video, I now know where Axl Rose got all his dance moves from. :D

Last edited:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

The Monkees Need A Gimmick Like KISS

:heheh:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member