The Mars Volta

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Another purchase ! Picked up another cd by THE MARS VOLTA. "Octahedron".Like a lot of their albums you have to play it to death for a week.Yeah pretty good! Some nice melodies...even vocal harmonies. Trying to get our good buddy Sweaty into these...told him to get "De=loused" and go from there

"Math rock" ...it never really took off did it ?
Heres a great taster from the album

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
Listened to a whole album, bigger fish to fry:omg:

I just couldn't see the longevity in them, maybe I will listen again sometime but I heard Muse in there among others and thought no.

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
Which one - De-loused?

Hmm never got a Muse vibe myself, unless the falsetto vocals reminds you of Matt Bellamy?

I think we may be flogging a dead horse here Lou with our Sweaty :heheh:

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
:heheh: All we can do is try Tray . Sure we don't all like the same bands..and he did give them a serious listen.
As for myself, I am well into them at the moment and ordered yet another cd:grinthumb

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
:heheh: All we can do is try Tray . Sure we don't all like the same bands..and he did give them a serious listen.
As for myself, I am well into them at the moment and ordered yet another cd:grinthumb

Indeed, there's plenty of artists and bands they we do agree on, and he did introduce me to Bigelf so I can't be too disappointed in him :heheh:

Bless you both, I just don't get it, maybe in a few more years...:heheh:

... and with a little more education :D

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online

No members online now.