The Mars Volta

mystic fred

Reaction score
...a challenging listen for anybody, though compelling. The band have such a mixture of influences and styles, the melodic mixed with the chaotic, they manage to make it all work so well, though i 'm still only taking in the first two albums...

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that Tray......THE MARS VOLTA were full of creative ideas,they will be missed such a shame.

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Purchased my own copy of THE MARS VOLTAs debut album. Great stuff.Indie shoegaze meets King Crimson, complex but exciting. If you look online their albums are well priced....and I love a bargain . Sounding like my buddy Sweaty :), may have to get more...

Phil B.

Far Out Man!
Reaction score
Frances The Mute is my favorite from their discography.

"The Widow" and "L'Via L'Viaquez" are great prog rock tunes. It helps if you have a rudimentary understanding of Spanish as well, since some of the songs feature both English and Spanish. They like their ambient noise on this album as well.

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
Yeah their debut is excellent Lou. Good to know their albums are well priced, I'll look into getting more, & if you recommend Frances The Mute, Phil, I'll get that one next :)

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Another great track from THE MARS VOLTA...also purchased their 2nd album recently :grinthumb

Ilyena

Abraxas

Reaction score
I absolutely love this band. I have De-Loused, Frances The Mute and Bedlam In Goliath and I've been listening to them nearly everyday. Here's a fave from Bedlam:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online