The Mars Volta

Abraxas

Reaction score
Mars Volta live. I like the twist they gave for Goliath:

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Excellent footage Abraxas !!
Another week gone by and yet another album by THE MARS VOLTA or in this case 2 .The Bedlam in Goliath [ Totally maaad ! ] and the "Live" album "Scabdates"

......then to finally purchase the ANTEMASQUE album

Abraxas

Reaction score
Excellent footage Abraxas !!
Another week gone by and yet another album by THE MARS VOLTA or in this case 2 .The Bedlam in Goliath [ Totally maaad ! ] and the "Live" album "Scabdates"

......then to finally purchase the ANTEMASQUE album

The Bedlam In Goliath album is, imo, their best. :grinthumb
The only album I don't have is Octahedron. I've yet to hear the Antemasque album.

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
Picked up Frances the Mute this afternoon for a bargain couple of quid. I noticed @LOU/REALM had tried to pull a fast one by hiding it under the 'F' section - I hear he's been buying up the Mars Volta stock from this particular record shop :heheh: Anyway, was listening to it whilst cooking a chilli earlier (seemed quite fitting when the Latin American vibe started up, had me a bit of a salsa around the kitchen - hope the neighbours didn't catch it) and am really impressed so far (not played it all yet as Sox has taken over with his Led Zep vinyl 2ce6fm8.jpg). I will be back...

Edit: Managed to oust Zep and Frances is back on 2hgen91.jpg

Last edited:

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Good stuff Tray ! You got a bargain there...and Iam sure like me you will also start picking up some of THE MARS VOLTA back catalogue. Warning...this band are highly addictive !
Also added the "Amputechture" album to my collection....still got one more to go.I really
Love the "Octahedron " album Abraxas.Its my favourite by them so far.
Don't forget to check out the ANTEMASQUE thread I started, they have done some cool tunes

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
Trying to get Sox into them, Lou, but unfortunately I think he's of the same mind as Sweaty regarding this band 2s9y7vc.jpg

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that Tray.....yet there is LedZep/King Crimson influences in their music. I just hope Sox warms to them..........I think he will...eventually :grinthumb I cant see it with Sweaty :uh:

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
He's sat listening to Frances the Mute with me and says he's really not keen, even said it was going through him at one point :uh:

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
That would be correct Lou, I can't get on with them, not whilst there are bands like Bigelf and Trouble knocking out top albums, oops there I go again.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online