The House of Love

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
The House of Love are an English alternative rock band formed in London 1986.Remembered best for the song "Shine on " which was a uk top 20 hit in 1990. Original line up includes the guitar and vocals of Guy Chadwick.Other members Terry Beckers, Andrea Heukamp [guitars/voc],Chris Groothuizen [bass] and Pete Evans [drums].Split in 93..reformed 2005
Originally on Creation records then later Fontana...THE HOUSE OF LOVE are very special and create some influential tunes.......:)

Attachments

• h of love.jpeg
    h of love.jpeg
    3 KB · Views: 46
  • house-of-love.jpg
    house-of-love.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 46
  • houseoflove_are00073.jpg
    houseoflove_are00073.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 45

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I like the album cover you posted LOU, they sound good too. Never listened to their music before, thanks for writing this thread for them.:hab:

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score
That's a great tune, Lou. I love the etheral, sonic sound of the British acid/pop scene of the 90's. Reminds me a lot of Catherine Wheel, The Stone Roses, Happy Mondays and so many more bands from your side of the drink.

I thought I knew of all the groups from that era, but now I can add these guys to my 90's Alt collection. Thanks for posting them! :cheers:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
This song got quite a bit of radio time on the local alternative radio station in the early 90's

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
That is a quality song MAGIC . Glad to see people like this band. :)
Dave 78....I love some of those bands you mentioned...especially CATHERINE WHEEL !...My favourite bands of that " shoegaze era" also include RIDE.JESUS AND THE MARY CHAIN,ULTRA VIVID SCENE,CHAPTERHOUSE...VERVE etc etc.....if you want to start a thread for these bands you have my backing!! :grinthumb
Sunny...Glad you like them...HOUSE OF LOVE to me at times remind me so much of THE CHURCH........Heres my favourite track

Attachments

• hous of love 4.jpeg
    hous of love 4.jpeg
    3.9 KB · Views: 35
  • The+House+Of+Love+-+Days+Run+Away+-+2005.jpg
    The+House+Of+Love+-+Days+Run+Away+-+2005.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 34

Cinder

Reaction score
Awwww you really cant beat House of Love " Shine on" :D a classic! Thanks for posting some other tracks also Lou :D xx

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrentonBeo

Members online

No members online now.