The Hillmen (Official Thread)

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
Hillmen.jpg

The Hillmen on Wikipedia

Don't know a lot about the music from this group unfortunately, and were shortlived for reasons that one of their members was to become a Byrd.

Anyway the band featured:

Vern Gosdin
Rex Gosdin
Chris Hillman
Don Parmley

Chris Hillman was to become a Byrd. However the Gosdin Brothers were to emerge again to work with Gene Clark on his first solo album.

The only song I know the Hillmen sang was a Bob Dylan song called When The Ship Comes In which I found here:

Unfortunately that's the only version on the Internet! :(

EDIT: Oh and yeah this band had a bluegrass intent (which is why I threw it in here) and Chris Hillman played Mandolin! :)

http://www.allmusic.com/artist/the-hillmen-p640
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Hillman

Last edited by a moderator:

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
Re: The Hillmen

The_Hillmen_original.jpg

The Hillmen album on Wikipedia

Yeah there's like a whole album for The Hillmen out there on CD. I just managed to find this track as well, there maybe others out there, but it seems to be very hard to find tracks for The Hillmen - given I think there's just one album they did in 1963 I believe.

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
Dusting off this old Thread I've found some updated stuff on Youtube From The Hillmen which includes a clearer version of Dylan's "When The Ship Comes In" from "The Byrd Parts album".

I not going to known many of their other songs, so I'm going to be new to this next one:

I only know this next one cause I've heard Pete Seeger sing it, though I'd image this will sound different coming from a Bluegrass Band :D

Some more Videos I found:

Enjoy! :D

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online

No members online now.