The Guess Who - Playin On The Radio (Official Video)

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Who the hell is this cover band pretending to be a different band?

And who is the chick posing to be a vocalist? If Christie McVie's robot clone had a love child with Iggy Pop, I think it would look like this (BTW, this is a better screencap than I could have used).

upload_2018-7-18_2-7-7.png

Ugh, this is awful.

#NotMyGuessWho

Ok seriously, this guy isn't a bad singer, but for the love of God, this is NOT the Guess Who and I can't possibly imagine seeing these guys play live with that guy singing the classic, REAL Guess Who tracks.

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
The singer is the first thing that sticks out like a sore thumb. He's not terribly bad, but he is not terribly good either. On top of that, I'm just not feeling the music. If I had heard this on the radio, I sure as hell wouldn't think Oh the Guess Who! I'm not one to complain about line-up changes too much (I love the current Lynyrd Skynyrd line-up and tons of bands with few original members) but at least the music has to sound like it could have been played by the classic line-up.

Last edited:

BikerDude

Dude
Reaction score
The singer is the first thing that sticks out like a sore thumb. He's not terribly bad, but he is not terribly good either. On top of that, I'm just not feeling the music. If I had heard this on the radio, I sure as hell wouldn't think Oh the Guess Who! I'm not one to complain about line-up changes too much (I love the current Lynyrd Skynyrd line-up and tons of bands with few original members) but at least the music has to sound like it could have been played by the classic line-up.

Yeah my thoughts exactly.
Although I don't mind the song particularly I probably wouldn't seek it out.
But it's not even in the same universe as classic Guess Who.
"No Time" or "American Woman" or "No Sugar" for instance.
Those songs are so iconic that it's tough to be the Guess Who and not sound anything like that.
It looks like they are a different band capitalizing on the name.

Last edited by a moderator:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online