The Fratellis

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
The Fratellis

The+Fratellis+thefratellis.jpg

The Fratellis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

One lazy evening last year I was cruising Pandora on a White Stripes station and up popped the Fratellis, an over-the-top and entirely upbeat indie rock trio that hails from Scotland. Their repetitive and catchy music instantly caught my ear, and Costello Music stands as one of my top album purchases in 2011. I had wanted to make a thread for these guys for some time but wasn't sure if their style would appeal to many here but Tray is a fan too so I sucked it up and made the thread! Incorporating elements from various rock genres as well as pop, the Fratellis provide a plethora of catchy tunes that probably wouldn't appeal to a ballad lover or hard rock fans alike. Though the band seems to be on hiatus at the moment, Costello Music and Here We Stand provided plenty of fun material that is plentiful enough to draw in new listeners. As a pop and rock fan I've found that at times their music can venture into the territory of the former and just when the genre line becomes a bit blurred, they bring it back with a nifty guitar riff into the rock end of the music spectrum. The band is comprised of vocalist/guitarist Jon Fratelli, bassist Barry Fratelli and Mince Fratelli on drums. They achieved moderate success with hits such as "Chelsea Dagger" and "Henrietta" and were quite buzzy overseas in their area.

Costello Music
51ypVCopIrL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Chelsea Dagger
One of their better known hits. EF posted this one in one of his polls. :grinthumb

Whistle for the Choir
A depart from their more energetic work, and a personal favorite. Much more subdued than what you would expect from these guys.

Solid Gold Easy Action
A T. Rex cover. These guys really turned it into one audacious and uptempo tribute for the "Hot Fuzz" soundtrack. Here's the original as well for a comparison.

Acid Jazz Singer

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Not my style really babe but this type of retro and most like it as in The Strokes aren't my cup of tea. I can see plenty of reasons why people who like a throwback band would like then though. I thought Acid Jazz Dancer was the best of all the tracks. It has that Monkees type pop rock vibe to it. :)

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
I already knew you weren't into them my little sappy ballad lover. Remember I shared these guys with you when I first found them? ;) They're probably not going to draw much attention on this forum but I was in the moment last night and wanted to make the thread out of sheer musical bliss and I am not ashamed. :grinthumb

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Doesn't surprise me to see a T. Rex cover...when I first saw these guys the first thing that came to mind was Marc Bolan within a split second.

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
Great to see you took the plunge, Jen, and did these guys a thread :grinthumb

Whenever I make a mix CD for parties I always make sure I stick a few Fratellis tunes on there as their songs just put you in the mood for a good time - upbeat, catchy and never fail to get feet tapping!

Creepin Up The Backstairs

Baby Fratelli

Flathead

I really like their version of All Along the Watchtower :tup:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Staff online

Members online