The Favorite Soul - R&B - Funk - Thread

Slipn

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
Funny- i popped Sylvesters album on the deck this evening..did he only make the one before passing?
Sylvester - I Need Somebody...( short vers)

Sylvester was a huge hit in the dance clubs.. He had many a hit and I have I think 5 of his albums..

Here's a couple tunes that were popular in the 80's.

Patrick Crowley and Sylvester

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
Much respect Southern Comfort..i had forgotten about two of those- the others i missed!
Strange when you hear something like the Ohio Players..did'nt buy any of their albums at the time..just the singles and 12" mix- that also had different B-sides.
Budget most likely the factor- and i was working a Nightclub to save for America..one of a few record hunting holidays!
This song was when we were all gripped with the Giorgio Moroder vibe.I must have 4 varying copies of this, such was my appetite for vinyl when 'girlfriendless'.
Sparks - Number One Song In Heaven.

Slipn

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
Sparks - Number One Song In Heaven.[/QUOTE said:
Ok.. I've heard of Sparks but not that song but was it a two man band??? From the video you had a singer and a keyboardest..

Electronica music..... which is still part of the RAVE scene these day's..

It reminds me of another two man band called "The System" .. They did a cover of Robert Palmer's song.. "Your In My System"

Big hit here in the states around 84"

Slipn

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
Cameo was another group who dominated the dance clubs.. This song was one of my favorites..

Slipn

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
Another group who had the misfortune of the originals dying in a plane crash but brought in a new crew..

I still wear this f***ing song out..

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
I liked Robert Palmer...just that bit different..his work with Arcadia was impressive. Pride was very popular at this time.Out Come The Freaks and Renegades Of Funk by Afrika Bambaataa were amyl nitrate shakers too!

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FernandoRu

Staff online