The Concert Files

opera races

Reaction score
I'm usually sort of particular about which concerts I attend and my answers are pretty pedestrian but I’ll play :heheh:

1. Your first concert.
Supertramp – Breakfast in America tour in 1979

2. The last concert you've attended.
Megadeth – Hard Rock Live Orlando 5/6/12

3. The worst seats you've ever had.
Journey and Gloria Estefan (2 different concerts) – both were seriously in the nosebleed section

4. The best seats.
The 3 Diamond Head shows I went to last summer I was standing front and right of center of the stage and no barriers between me and the band.

5. The most you've ever spent on a concert ticket.
I don’t think I’ve spent over $80 USD on a single ticket including the b.s. “fees” … yet.

6. The best show, sound-wise, you've ever attended.
Nothing that stands out but I’m not the best at evaluating sound.

7. The worst, sound-wise.
A few times where I would have blamed the acoustics and/or inadequate gear but nothing that stands out as being horrid

8. Your biggest letdown performance
Don’t want to name the band but I was convinced the lead singer was quite wasted. Sang ok but I was sure he might fall off the stage at some point though he didn’t.

9. Your biggest surprisingly awesome performance.
No huge surprises for me

10. Something you caught, thrown by a musician.
Indirectly a guitar pick at a Cheap Trick show. The guy standing next to me happened to notice I was trying to get one, tapped me on the shoulder and gave me the one he had picked up. Nice!

11. The one that got away, that band you never got to see, and now they're gone.
There’s plenty I missed out on for various reasons but the one I really kick myself about is Def Leppard in San Antonio, TX on their Pyromania tour. I could have seen Steve Clark.

12. Weirdest thing you've ever seen at a concert.
Phil Lewis and his motorcycle helmet with the sparklers

13. The best show you've seen, visually.
Most bands I see don’t do anything too fancy … I’ll say Iron Maiden and Rammstein

14. Biggest headliner that you saw when they were still openers.
N/A

15. The best venue for a concert you've been to.
I like Ruth Eckerd Hall (Clearwater, FL) pretty well.

16. The worst venue.
Can’t think of any place that was actually awesomely bad

17. The longest show by a single act.
Don’t recall any overly long sets then again I don’t think I’ve attended any concerts by acts with that reputation.

18. The longest by a group of acts.
Don’t recall; generally avoid festivals and package tours. Maybe when I used to go to the Clearwater Jazz Holiday.

19. The artists you've seen the most times.
Styx – about 6 times
L.A. Guns (the Phil Lewis version) – 4 times
Diamond Head – 3 times in 4 days

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OEITrinida

Members online