The Concert Files

Vehicle

Aging Metalhead
Reaction score
Your concert history. If it's been done, one of the mods can scratch this thread.

Feel free to post comments as well.

1. Your first concert.

2. The last concert you've attended.

3. The worst seats you've ever had.

4. The best seats.

5. The most you've ever spent on a concert ticket.

6. The best show, sound-wise, you've ever attended.

7. The worst, sound-wise.

8. Your biggest letdown performance

9. Your biggest surprisingly awesome performance.

10. Something you caught, thrown by a musician.

11. The one that got away, that band you never got to see, and now they're gone.

12. Weirdest thing you've ever seen at a concert.

13. The best show you've seen, visually.

14. Biggest headliner that you saw when they were still openers.

15. The best venue for a concert you've been to.

16. The worst venue.

17. The longest show by a single act.

18. The longest by a group of acts.

19. The artists you've seen the most times.

And by the way, these aren't limited to a single answer. If you want to have 2 or even 3, that's perfectly ok.

Last edited:

Garrett

✯ Blues Man ✯
Reaction score
1. Your first concert. Steve Miller and The Doobie Brothers / 1973 Tulsa Civic Center

2. The last concert you've attended. Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble / 1983

3. The worst seats you've ever had. Tarrant Country Convention Center in Fort Worth, Texas for Led Zeppelin

4. The best seats. A club in Dallas for Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble

5. The most you've ever spent on a concert ticket. Can`t remember the most but I remember buying great tickets for $7.50 US for Bad Company in 1974 :)

6. The best show, sound-wise, you've ever attended. Stevie Ray Vaughan

7. The worst, sound-wise. Joe Walsh

8. Your biggest letdown performance. Joe Walsh

Maggie Bell`s performance opening for Bad Company, she was awesome!

10. Something you caught, thrown by a musician. Pick / Mick Ralphs Bad Company

11. The one that got away, that band you never got to see, and now they're gone. Grateful Dead

A guy walked up and drank our bong water @ at The Ozark Mountain Music Festival :wtf:

13. The best show you've seen, visually. The Ozark Mountain Music Festival ozarkmusicfestival - rodsievers

14. Biggest headliner that you saw when they were still openers. ZZ Top

15. The best venue for a concert you've been to. Austin City Limits @ UT / Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble

16. The worst venue. Can`t think of anything...

17. The longest show by a single act. Willie Nelson, he played on after his band had left and the roadies cleared the stage...he was still playing as we left! :clap:

18. The longest by a group of acts. The Ozark Mountain Music Festival ozarkmusicfestival - rodsievers

Last edited:

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
1. Your first concert ... Slade

2. The last concert you've attended ... Savoy Brown

3. The worst seats you've ever had ... Birmingham NEC too far away Eric Clapton

4. The best seats ... Rory Gallagher (stood close enough to get covered in sweat.)

5. The most you've ever spent on a concert ticket ... About £45 Rush (not counting festivals)

6. The best show, sound-wise, you've ever attended ... Page And Plant

7. The worst, sound-wise ... Quireboys

8. Your biggest letdown performance ... Bob Dylan ( I enjoyed it but he gave nothing)

9. Your biggest surprisingly awesome performance ... Neil Young

10. Something you caught, thrown by a musician ... Sweat from Rory

11. The one that got away, that band you never got to see, and now they're gone ... Thin Lizzy (with Phil Thunder And Lightning Tour)

12. Weirdest thing you've ever seen at a concert ... Bob Dylan

13. The best show you've seen, visually ... Page And Plant

14. Biggest headliner that you saw when they were still openers ... Kenny Wayne Shepherd

15. The best venue for a concert you've been to ... Buxton Opera House

16. The worst venue ... Birmingham NEC

17. The longest show by a single act ... Rory Gallagher

18. The longest by a group of acts ... Alexis Korner Memorial (not counting Festivals)

19. The artists you've seen the most times ... Wishbone Ash

electric funeral

Just listening music
Reaction score
1. Your first concert. - Split Enz around 1977.

2. The last concert you've attended. - Uriah Heep

3. The worst seats you've ever had. - Roxy Music around 1981.

4. The best seats. - Joe Bonamassa

5. The most you've ever spent on a concert ticket. - 40 euros.

6. The best show, sound-wise, you've ever attended. - Pink Floyd around 1987/88

7. The worst, sound-wise. - Judas Priest, Annihilator and Pantera

8. Your biggest letdown performance - Allan Holdsworth

9. Your biggest surprisingly awesome performance. Anthrax supporting Iron Maiden

10. Something you caught, thrown by a musician. - Plectrum thrown by Robin Trower

11. The one that got away, that band you never got to see, and now they're gone. Led Zep.

12. Weirdest thing you've ever seen at a concert. Bagpipes.

13. The best show you've seen, visually. Pink Floyd

14. Biggest headliner that you saw when they were still openers. Metallica and Iron Maiden

15. The best venue for a concert you've been to. Paradiso Amsterdam

16. The worst venue. Rotterdam Ahoy.

17. The longest show by a single act. Metallica. 2 hours plus.

18. The longest by a group of acts. Pinkpop, Werchter.

billyporter

Reaction score
my first show was sherbet[aussie band] at some hall in hobar,t tasmania, pre 1973.
rory gallagher
steeleye span
the sweet
space waltz[nz band]
bjork
brian may
bee gees -pre saturday night fever.
lou reed -on his rock and roll animal tour. funny, i really dislike the guy actually. i only went because of the live version of sweet jane and the dual-guitar piece at the beginning of the song. i was hoping i'd like other songs but i didn't.

worst concert was foreigner. they only played for about 45 minutes!

i can't recall anymore, but i'm sure i've seen a couple more though.

Khor1255

Reaction score
1. Your first concert ... Rush (Moving Pictures tour)

2. The last concert you've attended ... Moody Blues in 07 I think.

3. The worst seats you've ever had ... Rush (Moving Pictures tour)

4. The best seats ... UFO at a local bar. The place was so small all the 'seats' were good ones. But my friends and I were at the front.

5. The most you've ever spent on a concert ticket ... About $250 for at a Mcoy Tyner Trio show because I was buying the drinks and they were very expensive. Tried to skip out on the bill and was called a kid by the drummer.

6. The best show, sound-wise, you've ever attended ... Yes at the revolving stage in Valley Forge (think it's called The Valley Forge Music Center or something)

7. The worst, sound-wise ... Maiden at Merriweather Post Pavillion

8. Your biggest letdown performance ... Alice Cooper at the Civic Center (leave your hot dog guitar out of my AC)

9. Your biggest surprisingly awesome performance ... Michael Hedges at George Washington U or UFO at Network (or AL Gators or whatever they were calling it in the mid 90s)

10. Something you caught, thrown by a musician ... Never caught anyone but I was given a free cassette at a Ressurection Band show for being the youngest musician in attendance. In all fairness calling myself a musician especially then was pushing it.

11. The one that got away, that band you never got to see, and now they're gone ... A lot of bands when they were in their prime. It's impossible to decide exactly who I'm most bummed out about.

12. Weirdest thing you've ever seen at a concert ... That goofy thing Michael Hedges wore on his head the second time I saw him. What the hell was that?

13. The best show you've seen, visually ... I can't say I've seen anything really visually entertaining at a rock show. I did see a very pretty asian violinist who also played the celeste at a performance of Holst The Planets by the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra

14. Biggest headliner that you saw when they were still openers ... Queensryche was a bar band when I saw them first.

15. The best venue for a concert you've been to ... Valley Forge Music Center

16. The worst venue ... Blues Alley in DC (the place that had rediculously expensive drinks.) Never again and I don't care if Hendrix comes back from the dead to play just one show there.

17. The longest show by a single act ... I don't know. I never really pay attention to how long a band plays.

18. The longest by a group of acts ... I only go to amatur festivals. There hasn't been a group of performers I even vaugly like on the same bill. Semi pro festivals are sometimes very fun.

Vehicle

Aging Metalhead
Reaction score
For those of you who've already filled this out, I added one more that I'd forgotten earlier. Kind of an important one, too.

Khor1255

Reaction score
Ahh cool.

19. Artists you've seen the most times - Probably Talas because they used to play at a local bar and I was able to get in using my brother's i.d. I've also seen The Moody Blues a number of times but that is mainly due to the fact that they don't try to beat you over the head with their new crap.

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score
1. Your first concert. - Nektar at Rider College, NJ in a Movie Theater front row center

2. The last concert you've attended- Spiritualized at Terminal 5 in NYC

3. The worst seats you've ever had- I've always moved up even back in the 70's and these days only buy good seats if its a good seats. However a few years ago a saw Neil Young and bought cheap seats they were the top back at Avery Fisher Hall in NYC. Also Jet they were playing a festival and I don't like them but couldn't leave the venue so me and my friend sat in the worst seat and talked thru the set. :oyea:

4. The best seats- too many times front row (ie: Got bumped up for Tori Amos once to front row center, Grateful Dead at the Spectrum when I was 13 the security guards let us sit on the divider infront of the stage (those were the days).)

5. The most you've ever spent on a concert ticket- Spend - NEARfest Festival the past 7 years as a patron but those are tax deductable. So most was Coachella Festival 2012- ticket was $329 for 3 days.

6. The best show, sound-wise, you've ever attended- hard to say? most likely classical or jazz at Lincoln Center or Carnegie Hall.
Rock -John McLaughlin, Paco Delucia and Al Dimeola at Carnegie Hall, King Crimson or Pierre Moerlen's Gong at Alexander Hall Princeton, Festivalwise - ATP(All Tomorrows Parties) does an outstanding job- Mogwai and My Bloody Valentine were great.

7. The worst, sound-wise- lots of low level warmup acts at crappy bars.

8. Your biggest letdown performance- Me'Shell Ndegéocello- she played one song and then heard someone's phone ring and the person answer it and walked off stage.

9. Your biggest surprisingly awesome performance.- biggest surprise was seeing Dicky Betts in Central Park, NYC and after four songs he walked off saying he would be back with some friends. A few minutes later the Allman Brothers Band showed up and played. This was their first reunion show back on 8/16/78. As far as band maybe the Arcade Fire in April 04 at the Knitting Factory -their first New York show. Magma at NEARfest 03.

10. Something you caught, thrown by a musician- Allman Brother Drum Stick. Better yet a female Bass Player after a show :D

11. The one that got away, that band you never got to see, and now they're gone.- easy answers The Beatles or Jimi Hendrix. As far as liking a band while they were active and never seeing them it would be Bob Marley or Jeff Buckley both people who died shortly after I started liking them.

12. Weirdest thing you've ever seen at a concert- Woodstock 94 the famous Green Day Mud Fight with the audience or the mud people walking around all weekend.

13. The best show you've seen, visually.- Kraftwerk at MOMA 2012 or Pink Floyd-The Wall 1980

14. Biggest headliner that you saw when they were still openers.- The Strokes opened for the Doves, REM open for Joan Jett and The Police at Shea Stadium

15. The best venue for a concert you've been to. I'll give it to Radio City Music Hall in the first 20 rows.

16. The worst venue- lots of crappy bars

17. The longest show by a single act- either Grateful Dead 5 hours about 3 1/2 of music. Or Hot Tuna about 4 hours.

18. The longest by a group of acts. Grateful Dead, Marshall Tucker and New Riders played 12 hours with just three bands- or it would be several 3 day music festivals.

Tori Amos-36 times
Grateful Dead 32 times
Stellastarr*-24 times

Last edited:

Rockperson

Reaction score
1. Your first concert.
Scorpions/Blackfoot 1980 Birmingham Odeon

2. The last concert you've attended.
Iron Maiden 2011 Birmingham LG Arena

3. The worst seats you've ever had.
Dio 1986 Sacred Heart Tour, couple of rows from the back at the NEC Birmingham, terrible view

4. The best seats.
On the front row for Night Ranger 2011, six rows back for Rush R30 tour 2004

5. The most you've ever spent on a concert ticket.
Rush 2011 & 2012, each £83 inc booking fee

6. The best show, sound-wise, you've ever attended.
Can`t think of anything in particular

7. The worst, sound-wise.
Can`t think of anything in particular

8. Your biggest letdown performance
Dokken 1986 Birmingham Odeon & 1988 Birmingham NEC

Eagles 2001 Birmingham NIA, guitar playing was absolutely spot on

10. Something you caught, thrown by a musician.
Nothing of note

11. The one that got away, that band you never got to see, and now they're gone.
Survivor are the one band that I would`ve loved to of seen during their classic years with either Peterik or Jamison, they are still going but without Peterik they`re not the classic line up

Four blokes stood over their drunken passed out mate and urinating all over him, this was at one of the Monsters of Rock festivals at Donington in the 1980`s

13. The best show you've seen, visually.
Any Rush show

14. Biggest headliner that you saw when they were still openers.
Can`t think of any

15. The best venue for a concert you've been to.
Birmingham Odeon

16. The worst venue.
Donington Park, I don`t like outdoor shows

17. The longest show by a single act.
Rush

18. The longest by a group of acts.
Monsters Of Rock festivals at Donington Park

Iron Maiden

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online

No members online now.