the best concert you've gone to

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
Just this year. Guitar Zack & No Slack at an American Legion outpost. Easily the best show I've ever seen. They played for 4 ******* hours and it didn't get boring for a minute! Zack played everything with master-level atriculation: blues, jazz, rock, prog. No Slack was as tight as any band I ever saw or heard. Zack's originals couldn't be any awesomer if they tried, what with all-out-anthems such as My Hair Is Perfect and Bring Your Five Dollars, plus the coolest grooves & best guitar solos you may ever hear. Then near the end of the set they started launching into a few tunes by peeps such as Zep, Hendrix, Robert Johnson. Their Moby Dick was the best Zep cover I've ever heard.

runtfan

Reaction score
Easy one for me. Yes in 2002 in Atlanta, GA. It was the first time I got to see Rick Wakeman in concert.

Yeah, seeing them with Wakeman made a huge difference, in both performance and, I believe the song selection too. I had seen them on the 90125 tour and also on the Open My Eyes tour and the 2002 show was by far the best of the three.:grinthumb

Joey Self

A Voice Of Reason
Reaction score
A concert can be memorable for any number of reasons, and thus become a favorite. Either the music can be great or the show itself can be exciting--just a thrill to be there. Sometimes, it can be both. I therefore answer as follows:

Best musical performance--Little Feat, Tulsa, 1990.

Most exciting--Rolling Stones, Dallas, 1989

Best overall concert---Paul McCartney, Kansas City, 1993.

JcS

The Rover

'Ol Timer
Reaction score
Re: the best concert you've gone to in 1972

Alice Cooper - 1972 - KILLER Tour - Dallas

Alice Cooper and his band have never been better.

An Immaculate show.

Mark of Cenla

Reaction score
It is impossible for me to pick one as my favorite. But it is easy to pick the band that played the best: Devo. Every other band I have ever seen has made at least one mistake during the show, but they didn't. I have seen somewhere between 80-100 bands in concert. Peace.

APageMark

Reaction score
Top three:

Yes - Madison Square Garden, 2004. The most ethereal, uplifting version of "And You And I" I've ever heard. The standing ovation forced the band to forget the outro and just wait for the cheering to dissipate. I remember a clearly moved Anderson gesturing to the crowd to calm down. Squire and Howe with their hands up as if to ask, "what do we do now"? :eek:hyeah: Great stuff!

Genesis - Madison Square Garden, 1978. My very first concert. I was 14 and blown away by the atmosphere, the light show and the music. A certain ex-lead singer also joined for an encore of "I Know What I Like". Funny thing was that at the time I didn't know who Peter Gabriel was. :ha:

Keith Emerson Band - B.B. King's, 2004. Magical more so because I was joined by a friend I hadn't spoken to for nearly nine years due to an unfortunate disagreement. Our easy comraderie seemed to return instantly and Keith hammered out the classics that we both knew and loved. A great evening.

aerozep

Reaction score
hey Niranadude,you think Blue Cult is loud,saw them....
no contest..go see Cheap Trip.......hoo boy...what what what
:wtf:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online