13. Got To Get You Into My life

14. TNK

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Re: The Beatles-- Revolver-- Album Review

This is a unique album review...rating each song with stars..

Eleanor Rigby and Got to Get You Into My Life are the only two I would have given a 5 star rating,,,

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score

Eleanor Rigby and Got to Get You Into My Life are the only two I would have given a 5 star rating,,,
i agree with this. Personally, I've always found Revolver to be a bit overhyped. To me, it's the "Pet Sounds" of the Beatles in that it's so highly regarded and ~I~ never understood why. The two songs you listed are definitely the two best (IMHO)

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Would you rate I'm Only Sleeping a 5 star, Sooty? I would rate it a 4 star, but not a 5 :D

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

That is definitely a "Minimal" review The Beatles, but seeing you have posted extensively about all things Beatles I'll let you off the hook.;)

Lynch, I think Revolver gets a lot of praise because it was the "Clear & Distinct" change from a pop band into a far more serious rock phase of the Beatles. I have voted for Sgt. Pepper over Revolver in the poll myself, it is a good record but I have a few rated higher on my list.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

Would you rate I'm Only Sleeping a 5 star, Sooty? I would rate it a 4 star, but not a 5 :D

I don't do the star thing Magic. Too technical. Too rigid which music isn't either for me. If I was though, in my personal review, yeah it would be 5 in comparison. I'm a moderate Beatles fan at best. I respect them and I get it. They were here first, the influence, different musical avenues, etc. But does any of their material make me feel the excitement or anything for that matter that a 5 would likely represent. Nope! The Beatles make me feel nothing personally. The Beatles #1 album has 90% of what I'd want from them and the material is one of those hum along "la da da di da" this is nice type of experiences for me.

So based on this, yeah, for Beatles songs I'd give I'm Only Sleeping a 5 out of The Beatles songs I know. It's catchy! I hum it! I can enjoy it! As good as it gets for me as Beatles music goes! :grinthumb

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OEITrinida

Members online