The BEATLES (Official Thread)

Dr Chocolate

Reaction score
am the only one who's upset about the upcoming 180 gram albums that they are releasing that are NOT the 2009 Remasters?

i was so excited about it, and then after i read they are from the older masters, then i gave up. i might get Magical Mystery Tour as it's always had a special place in my heart since i was a kid. it does come with the booklet inside still, so that's good. because that was the one i remember.

but they are bringing out a mono version, from the remasters of Love Me Do on 7"

how dare EMI pull this on us
i believe it's a big scam. that way, they can crank out the remasters later on
and how can they bring out a limited edition box set of all the albums and only make 50,000 copies? give me a break! it should be at least 500,000 or 1 million. i'm sure they will just end up back on ePAY for way more then it was originally worth.

i love the beatles, and the remasters sound amazing (only got the stereo ones and not the mono) but i cannot believe they would do this. it's a shame!
ahem,
i mean scam!

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Wasn't EMI bought by Universal recently?

There are two schools of thought when it comes to old bands, some purists Want the original recordings untouched, others want to take advantage of technical advances to "improve" the sonic quality and are not concerned with staying true to the original releases.

I've had some experience with Audiophile releases of Beatles albums, Abbey Road was transferred beautifully by MFSL to vinyl decades ago, but Magical Mystery Tour sounded the same as the original album, no real improvement that I could hear.

I am all for using the technology to achieve the best result possible without messing about too much with the original mastertapes.

I have no doubt you have the right of it Dr. Chocolate, they'll release two sets just to make the most money possible.

aerozep3207

Reaction score
I agree with you LG,let's hear all that we can from all those great songs. Let's face it,the powers to be know that as long as it says Beatles on it people will buy it.

keep those model subway trains running - watch the closing doors :D

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I agree with you LG,let's hear all that we can from all those great songs. Let's face it,the powers to be know that as long as it says Beatles on it people will buy it.

keep those model subway trains running - watch the closing doors :D

Indeed, I can't remember the exact figure but the Beatles have sold about One Billion copies of their music over the last 50 years. A built in gold mine whenever you release anything with their name on it.

But it won't last past our generation I don't think Aerozep3207, their popularity while astonishing will eventually dwindle as we all die off.;)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I don't think they'll be forgotten completely MP, but fans our age make up the bulk of their fanbase so it's just the reality of the situation as time moves on.

Mr. Bob Dobolina

Reaction score
I can't say I agree with you LG. In the first decade of the new century (2000-2010), The Beatles were the second biggest selling act, behind Eminem. In the same period, their compilation "1" was the biggest selling album. You can't tell me it was millions of 30-50 year olds buying it. I think that kids get tired of the garbage that passes for music today, then someone hands them a copy of "Rubber Soul" or Abbey Road" and that's it. I think The Beatles will get passed down from generation to generation. As long as people listen to music The Beatles will be popular.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
When the Beatles came out with I Am The Walrus John Lennon said that there were enough little tid bits in there to keep people listening for a hundred years. Sadly I won't be here to see if that happens. :uh:

I know what LG means though. The only thing that will keep something like the Beatles afloat is the passing down from generation to generation. My son is 9 and loves the Beatles. Will he show it to his children and then his children to theirs?? Who knows...one can only hope right??

It would be nice though to think that some of the better quality rock music in the world will be looked at the way we look at classical music today in 2012 ya know??

:grinthumb

aerozep3207

Reaction score
I don't have to worry that the Beatles & their music will keep being passed from generation to generation. They started what is considered rock 'n' roll music. I don't think people & their kids will be talking & listening to Jay Z or Pink in 50 years. Can you name one of their songs.

keep those model subway trains running - watch the closing doors :oyea:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hannibal37

Members online