The AMA awards, what a joke and embarrassment!

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score
I feel sorry for Muse having to be associated with those crappy awards. If I was Muse I would ask them to take it back.

Harkat

Reaction score
I was talking to a businessman who his hand in the music industry and he pretty much said: Its all corporate greed

:grinthumb

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I was talking to a businessman who his hand in the music industry and he pretty much said: Its all corporate greed

:grinthumb

:cheers2

Pop music=corporate greed. I tend to agree with the chap that told you this!

Harkat

Reaction score
:cheers2

Pop music=corporate greed. I tend to agree with the chap that told you this!

This guy was telling me about how he knew this guy who could get his song on the charts ( I assume through that autotune crap ).

The Beatles

retired
Reaction score
Justin Bieber is better then The Beatles, Van Halen, and everybody else.

R. Evans

Left Of Center
Reaction score
I feel sorry for Muse having to be associated with those crappy awards. If I was Muse I would ask them to take it back.

I wouldn't feel too bad for Muse. They pimped out The Resistance to corporate greed barely after the album came out. It was on college football shows during highlights/halftime cuts/commercial fadeouts last year. No claim for artistic integrity there.

Fever

Reaction score
I saw Carlos Santana and Gavin Rossdale perform Bang A Gong and Santana sounded fine but Rossdale was just terrible.

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score
Not much to add you all have this one surrounded, been decades since I watched any awards shows period. The have all lost whatever meaning they used to have and don't reflect the music/movies I like anyway.

The ARIA awards (Australia's version of AMA awards) were on TV recently and like you LG, I never watch award shows of any kind. I heard the ARIA's were pretty disappointing too :D

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
The ARIA awards (Australia's version of AMA awards) were on TV recently and like you LG, I never watch award shows of any kind. I heard the ARIA's were pretty disappointing too :D

And here I was thinking that you Aussies had better taste in music than Americans.

:D

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JessKellow

Members online