the all time best bassist of a rock band

billtjr51

Reaction score
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Carl Radle(unless I overlooked a post)

This tall and lean, bespectacled figure, hunched over his bass guitar, held down the rhythm section for the likes of Leon Russell, Gary Lewis & the Playboys, Delaney & Bonnie Bramlett, George Harrison, Eric Clapton, Derek & the Dominos, J. J. Cale, Freddie King, Rita Coolidge, Bob Dylan, John Lee Hooker, Art Garfunkel, Buddy Guy and a host of others.

TeleCat

Blackmore's Advocate
Reaction score
All in all, for what it's worth, on the whole, in a nutshell, when all is said and done, at the end of the day, arguably the best bassist in my honest opinion would be Geddy Lee.

For lead type bass that holds it all together who else? Consider he's in a trio with two strong players and he still stands out. Sings, plays keyboards. He's the man.

billtjr51

Reaction score
All in all, for what it's worth, on the whole, in a nutshell, when all is said and done, at the end of the day, arguably the best bassist in my honest opinion would be Geddy Lee.

For lead type bass that holds it all together who else? Consider he's in a trio with two strong players and he still stands out. Sings, plays keyboards. He's the man.

I agree that there is probably none better over all aspects, but I would have to put Jack Bruce on equal ground.

Midnight Rider

Captain Karma
Reaction score
Pound for pound I think Rush has the finest musicians on the block and it would be hard to argue against Geddy Lee.

Mr. Shadow

"Classic" Member
Reaction score
I think id either have to say The Door's bassist hes pretty crazy

No bass player for the Doors. It was done through the keyboard.

vocalist Jim Morrison
keyboardist Ray Manzarek
drummer John Densmore
guitarist Robby Krieger

Mr. Shadow

"Classic" Member
Reaction score
http://www.jackcasady.com/biography.html

Bass player for Jefferson Airplane and Hot Tuna.

jack-hat.jpg

jack-standing.jpg

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Murphy_orrest

Members online