The Airborne Toxic Event

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
The Airborne Toxic Event
The_Airborne_Toxic_Event2_small.jpg

This is a band I bought for the brilliant single:

Sometime Around Midnight

That song was perfect. It had a great dramatic intro, a coarse Bruce Springsteen like emotional vocal with a surging power pop energy that kept you moving. It also played you through a story and the lead singer is a great storyteller. Just check out the acoustic performance to see it for yourself:

Sometime around Midnight (Acoustic Live)

I own the debut album:

51e14clep4l_ss500_.jpg

The album services as a solid album through and through. Here are some other gems I like:

airborne-toxic.jpg

Wishing Well

Missy

I want to see where this band goes on album #2! They have plenty of potential! :grinthumb

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
WOW!!! Sometime Around Midnight is a GREAT song!!!

Missy is pretty neat too!! :cheers2

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Yeah! I already knew that "Sometime Around Midnight" ans "Wishing Well" were a lock and I wanted a third so i skimmed back through the album and Missy stood out they only had live versions of it on youtube but it served the song well live anyway! These guys are kind of like The Killers but I like them a little better I think. :grinthumb

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
I am very intrigued by the name of the band! I will definitely be coming back to check them out after I've had my industrial metal fix for the day ;)

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
Oh, I'm still in my post-rock stage. I found the band Post Death Soundtrack when I was really into Dead Can Dance (They did a sick cover of Anywhere Out Of This World) and the CD finally arrived today. Industrial metal may sound completely different to DCD but if you listen to them you'll understand ;)

I'll check out Trent Reznor as well though, you never know! :grinthumb

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
At 3:40 to 3:46 it hit me...cause it was bugging me..he also sounds like David Bowie...Heroes came to mind in this little section here.

Oh, this would be Sometime Around Midnight :grinthumb

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
I got around to it, and Sometime Around Midnight was really pretty cool. I loved the build up right from after the intro up to the 3 minute mark when the vocalist lets loose. The guitars were ambient and the whole thing had a great uplifting feel.

Wishing Well is a bit more conventional in structure, but I love the drum beat and the vocalist really guides the song all the way. Good, steady pop rock all over.

Pretty good stuff so far, it didn't hit me on first listen like some bands do but it was enjoyable all the same!