Review Ten Years After 1967-1974 box

album review

E-Z

Reaction score
I came across by chance a copy of the Ten Years After 1967-1974 box set selling for £35 in a HMV shop in London recently which apparently was released in 2017 and is a very limited release according to what I read with only 1500 box sets being produced?. I believe I read that it's 'normal price' was something like £70-£80?.

Anyway the box set contains all the Ten Years After studio albums between 1967-1974 including the live album called Undead from 1967 with all the aforementioned albums in the box set being released by the Chrysalis label even though the first three albums in Ten Years After, Undead & Stonedhenge being originally released by Deram/Decca. What makes this box set so appealing is the previously unreleased 'Cap Ferrat Sessions' cd which features 5 songs that were originally recorded at the same time as the Rock & Roll Music To The World sessions in 1972 but were left off that album due to time restrictions on vinyl records.

The cd albums are-

1.Ten Years After
2.Undead
3.Stonedhenge
4.Sssssh
5.Cricklewood Green
6.Watt
7.A Space In Time
8.Rock & Roll Music To The World
9.Postive Vibrations

The 5 complete songs recorded in 1972 and known as the 'Cap Ferrat Sessions' are included on it's own cd in the box set and are-

1.Look At Yourself (Not the Uriah Heep song) 4:29
2.Running Around 5:32
3.Holy S.H.I.T 2:59
4.There's A Feeling 3:29
5.I Hear You Calling My Name 11:26

Also included in the box set is a booklet written by British rock journalist Chris Welch.

Last edited:

Dio Chevy

Reaction score
I must confess that the only song of theirs that I know is Change the World, but I love that song and will explore their other works soon.

E-Z

Reaction score
I must confess that the only song of theirs that I know is Change the World, but I love that song and will explore their other works soon.
Possibly the bands best albums were Cricklewood Green 1970 and a personal favourite Rock & Roll Music To The World 1972 but also worth a listen are also Sssssh... 1969 Watt 1970 A Space In Time 1971 & Positive Vibrations 1974 all the aforementioned albums were or are on the Chrysalis label. The three earlier albums Ten Years After 1967, Undead 1968 & Stonedhenge 1969 are on the Deram/Decca label and are ok but aren't as satisfying to listen to overall as the Chrysalis albums are as shown above which are all more fully developed with a heavier rock sound.

Last edited:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online