Taste? (Official Thread)

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
Re: Taste?

There's a force behind Rory's playing, an energy that gets you up on your feet or to the edge of your seat something special IMO.

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score

There's a force behind Rory's playing, an energy that gets you up on your feet or to the edge of your seat something special IMO.

Rory is someone who gets into your heart and into your soul ............ I took him for granted when I was growing up as his music was played a lot in our house but now I absolutely appreciate the man and his music. Most people I know had never heard of him but I've turned a few of them onto his music :grinthumb

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

^^That's it in a nutshell Sunny you can tell he was genuine about his music he played from the heart and you feel it.

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score

Check this place out in Cork City, in Rory Gallagher Place formerly St. Paul's street, I have been ther many times and found it by accident, I actually bumped into the memorial:)

rory_gallagher.jpg

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Eric Kitteringham, Original Bassist For Rory Gallagher’s ‘Taste,’ Dies

Taste_rg.jpg

SOURCE LINK

Eric Kitteringham (pictured above on the left), the original bass player with Rory Gallagher’s Taste, passed away on May 7 after a battle with cancer.

According to the official Rory Gallagher website, Kitteringham had previously suffered a stroke which prevented him continuing as a bass player. Kitteringham, along with Gallagher and drummer Norman Damery, made up the original incarnation of Taste, a band that would loom large in Gallagher’s history.

After the Axels, an early band of Kitteringham’s, split up in 1966, he and Damery joined forces with Gallagher to form Taste. The group were together for two years, often performing at the Star Club in Hamburg, the Beatles‘ famous stamping grounds.

In 1968, as the band began performing more regularly in the U.K., both Kitteringham and Damery left the band. The original line-up only recorded one independently released single. New members John Wilson (drums) and Richard McCracken (bass) would make up the line-up which played at the legendary Isle of Wight Festival in 1970, and record the band’s two seminal blues rock LP’s ‘Taste’ and ‘On The Boards.’

“Eric was a fine bass player but more than that he was a very gentle man,” Rory Gallagher biographer Marcus Connaughton told the Irish Times. ”He was always encouraging a lot of young musicians along the way and that’s the sign of a fine musician.” It’s also worth noting that, though Rory Gallagher might not be a household name, ask any guitarist worth his or her salt and he/she will gladly point out just how great a player the Irishman was before his death in 1995.

Norman Invasion​

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
That's a real shame. He was an excellent bassist. :(

It's Happened Before, It'll Happen Again

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
Purchased this record yesterday, it was for just £6, but this was a compilation of tracks recorded during their first days of being in the recording studio. All tracks were recorded live, no overdubs. Damn, so powerful!

Rory+Gallagher+-+In+The+Beginning+-+LP+RECORD-63236.jpg

Wee Wee Baby

How Many More Years

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Members online