Tanya Phillips (Pop with a Harp)

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Tanya Phillips
avatars-000006116322-gat0ex-crop.jpg

tumblr_lgjsk6E2KL1qetdo5o1_500.jpg

Here's an artist I found while looking through Gotye covers. I really liked her voice a lot and the harp is something you rarely ever hear in a pop setting especially as the artists main instrument. This is sweet pop that most of you wouldn't like. It does have a classical feel though and if it breaks mainstream it would be something fresh. Here's the Gotye cover which I thought was cool

"Somebody That I Used To Know" (Gotye Cover)

She's making originals as well which I enjoy:

Set This Love Alight & Let It In

This could be my 2012 version of 2Cellos! A cool way to use a classical instrument in mainstream music! 2Cellos made cellos rock and this chick makes the Harp compliment sweet pop melody! :grinthumb

Tanya Phillips Youtube Channel

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Oooh, I really like this! The first song especially, very light and airy and dream like with those pop vocals added in which keeps it from being a little too out there but at the same time very unique! Good find Soots. :)

Oh, and more importantly... you like Gotye? :omg: :nw:

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Oooh, I really like this! The first song especially, very light and airy and dream like with those pop vocals added in which keeps it from being a little too out there but at the same time very unique! Good find Soots. :)

Oh, and more importantly... you like Gotye? :omg: :nw:

Thanks Jen and yes, I do like Gotye! I bought the album a couple months ago. I also like Eyes Wide Open from him. As far as tanya though you are right, very dreamy stuff! Her vocal on the Gotye cover is my favorite though. It has a touch of anger and her tone is more adult. She does a Fun. cover as well. not sure if I love it though :tongue::

We Are Young

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online

No members online now.