Tangerine Dream (Official Thread)

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
Great band Magic ! You beat me in doing a thread about these guys . Have to thank my sister for getting me in to them in the 70s .I have about 6 or so albums of theirs.....as you say they have made over a hundred albums so I cant see me collecting them all :heheh:
While LG likes to chill out to Classical masterpieces......I prefer the darker electronic style of these German wizards
Favorite albums? " Stratosphere" :bow: comes to mind.....one to avoid..."Zeit"...a double album of a annoying hum sound :mad
well said LOU/REALM...joker1961 is a TD fan love the band:bow::oyea:

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Good stuff Joker....these guys are gods of Electronic rock. Only recently played the "Sorcerer" soundtrack album. I had forgotten how good it was. Reminds me I never got to see the film "The Sorcerer"

Betrayal

Last edited:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Good stuff Joker....these guys are gods of Electronic rock. Only recently played the "Sorcerer" soundtrack album. I had forgotten how good it was. Reminds me I never got to see the film "The Sorcerer"

Betrayal

:omg:

You MUST see the movie, Lou. It's one of those classics of 1977 right up there with Star Wars, Close Encounters, and Saturday Night Fever! I think that was Roy Scheider's best role besides Jaws.

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score

Betrayal

me to I`ve never seen the film... :grinthumb

:omg:

You MUST see the movie, Lou. It's one of those classics of 1977 right up there with Star Wars, Close Encounters, and Saturday Night Fever! I think that was Roy Scheider's best role besides Jaws.

I`ll be looking out for the movie as the movies you`ve named I`ve enjoyed back in the day :oyea::omg::bow::grinthumb

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
Need to start listening to the two boxs sets "the dark side of the Moog" some serious times with PROG! lol

deerwan

Play It Loud
Reaction score
Encore and Poland are two really good live show-lps TD did way back. Encore has parts
of the Sorcerer soundtrack in it-from their US tour '77- Poland was a show they
performed during Solidarity back in 1980 during such cold conditions that some of
the sequencers and tubes froze on stage.

Speaking of the Sorcerer it was given the royal treatment 2 yrs ago and finally got
the honor and recognition the film deserved... saw it in '77 and thought it was the
best film of the year. Nobody saw it...Star Wars came out 2 wks later. LOL

Good article written in an almost existential style about the TD's first OST and the film.
Freidkin called it his best and favorite film...

Sorcerer | Blu-ray Review | Slant Magazine

cover_183716492010.jpgR-263442-1309543158.jpeg.jpg

Last edited:

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
Encore and Poland are two really good live show-lps TD did way back. Encore has parts
of the Sorcerer soundtrack in it-from their US tour '77- Poland was a show they
performed during Solidarity back in 1980 during such cold conditions that some of
the sequencers and tubes froze on stage.

Speaking of the Sorcerer it was given the royal treatment 2 yrs ago and finally got
the honor and recognition the film deserve... saw it in '77 and thought it was the
best film of the year. Nobody saw it...Star Wars came out 2 wks later. LOL

Good article written in an almost existential style about the TD's first OST and the film.
Freidkin called it his best and favorite film...

Sorcerer | Blu-ray Review | Slant Magazine

two fabulous albums and the soundtrack as for the film I to think its amazing

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score

these two tracks off of ENCORE....................imho are sheer awesomeness enjoy

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online