Taking Back Sunday (Official Thread)

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Official Website

tumblr_lb2uxmkSqN1qzxlbn.png

Taking Back Sunday is more of an enigma than a band. They are like the Madonna of modern alternative rock with all their reincarnations of band lineups and projects. This seems to be the perfect time to create their thread as they are nearly back to their original place with their lineup now and a new album out shortly. Honestly, throughout their changes I've always liked them. The last two albums were a slide so seeing the original comeback should be a big positive. These guys probably won't get much love hear bu t I love their energy, their aggression, their dual battling vocals which add to the energy, the angst and perfect pop melodies particularly from the second reincarnation from the "Where You Want To Be" album! :grinthumb

Albums

2002 Tell All Your Friends
2004 Where You Want to Be
2006 Louder Now
2009 New Again
2011 Taking Back Sunday

Here is the discography I have from them:

AAAAAhqc-eMAAAAAAOLtNg.jpg
VR228.jpg
51Cn1v-BkfL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
tbs.jpg
615K5UkT88L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Here are some of my favorite tracks by the band which will lie mostly in the first two albums! The first three vids are the rawer angst driven band from the first album and the second set is the more pop driven incarnation starting from the second album:

Taking_Back_Sunday_2004.jpg

There's No I In Team
(This is an energetic angstful classic)

Cute Without The 'E (Cut From The Team)
(Energy and angst with great pop sensibility)

Ghost Man on Third
(beautiful emotional cathartic ballad)

Taking_Back_Sunday.jpg
A Decade Under The Influence
(perfect uplifting high energy rock single)

I Am Fred Astaire
(my favorite TBS song, just seems to have this uplifting energy to it)

Slowdance On The Inside
(great epic building closer to the second album)

One of those bands I used to listen to a lot that still has a wealth of songs that get me pumped and had some great projects from it's members, particularly Straylight Run who I love even more than this band. :grinthumb They were also one of those bands that got me into a new breed of rock that I loved. I have the new album on pre-order! Hope it's a good one! :grinthumb

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Re: "The Official" Taking Back Sunday Thread

Currently listening to their Louder Now release

51Cn1v-BkfL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Haven't listened to this band in quite some time, feels like years ago when I had them on my iPod, but they have made their way back onto it. I've also put New Again, Tell All Your Friends, and Where You Want To Be. I know i'm in for a treat with their new release as well.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Was checking this out and I listened to all of the tracks. The first song "There's No I In Team" intrigued me a bit and had an AFI feel to it and I thought it was pretty good. In fact I thought all of it so far was pretty good. The bad side for me??? The Overlapped vocals annoyed me a little bit and more so in some of the heavier stuff. IMO I don't think it inhanced what is already apparant...pretty good songs.

My favorite was I Am Fred Astaire and that shouldn't be a surprise to me as I always find myself liking what you do Soot! It's sooo wierd. :heheh: It had a 30 Second To Mars feel on this one as well.

The ballads were the ass savers here for me. Pretty good. Out of both of them I liked New American Classic more.

But it still had the vocal overlaps...but not as obvious. They should stick with one singer IMO....or I just need a few more listens. Either way....GREAT thread as usual my friend!! :cheers2

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

@Prime-Honestly that and the last album were the ones that lost me! Just couldn't get into them but the first two are great to get back into. Two completely different styles but both the prime of each sound!

@MetalPriest-Great! You liked them way more than I thought! I love the dual layers but most when they come in at the end of each line rather than how they overlap completely though I do like the chaos and energy that makes! The ballads are great and do show they can sing rather than scream! :grinthumb:

Speaking of ballads I'm loving the acoustic version of "Cute Without The 'E'" better! It really enhances certain parts and tells the story with more clarity! I love both! :D

Cute Without The 'E' (Acoustic)

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

Just got the above new album in the mail with City and Colour today. I had the privilege of hearing it ahead of time since my friend had it in his possession first! Regardless of the original lineup being back they seem to take that sound and mix it with the Louder Now era. Not bad but I was hoping for a more direct return to the 1st or 2nd album or a fusion of the two! :) Here are some tracks he favored and showed me which I shared a liking for! :D

Best Places To Be A Mom

Call Me In The Morning

dalesy22

Reaction score
Taking back sunday gigs.

what do you guys rate as your favourite album by the band? Everytime I try to decide it just doesn't work. I'm loving the original line up back, as I love Shaun and John - and you should check out Straylight Run (the band they formed when leaving TBS the first time) as they're awesome.

If you guys missed out on there London UK show, they have announced ONE MORE UK SHOW.
It's at KASBAH IN COVENTRY. 14+ venue and it's going to be AMAZING!!!!!!!

Tickets selling pretty quickly though, so get yours ASAP!!

2mq92th.jpg

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoustonBoy

Staff online

Members online