T. Rex (Official Thread)

nwobhm

Reaction score
i have a real beat up original version of this, very different to his more commercial well known music

mich

Reaction score
T Rex

I have a photo of Marc Bolan from T Rex that I took at his concert in Melbourne in about 1974. And its not for sale.

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
I have a photo of Marc Bolan from T Rex that I took at his concert in Melbourne in about 1974. And its not for sale.

....oh, okay, then perhaps instead you'd accept money just to stop being so constantly and pointlessly irritating?

:pullhair:

Btw, how old are you? I'd assumed you were about 7 and a half, but if you saw Bolan in '74 then you're probably older than I am.

analoggal

Woman of the Country
Reaction score
T. Rex has been a rock-n-roll staple for me since the early 70s. Here's 2 really great tunes:
T. Rex
Lean Woman Blues...

Mambo Sun...

The Wanderer

Kids With Guns
Reaction score
Thank You T.Rex and Mr. Marc Bolan

I've learned more from sitting around listening to Electric Warrior on repeat for hours and hours than I have in all of my years of schooling, just saying... It bounced me out of a depression I never thought I could get out of.

A month or so later... One day I came home from school planning to just end it all, life took a dive-bomb and I seen no way out. I turned on receiver,cranked up the volume knob, then turned on the CD player before I sank down in my recliner contemplating...Sure enough, The Slider was the in the Disc 1 slot and Metal Guru started playing, now one of my favorite songs. The next couple of days and weeks I started putting everything back on track. Honestly, T. Rex/Marc Bolan saved my life...and Rock N Roll has many times.

(I apologize if I am being too much of a "Drama King" and if this post needs to be removed I apologize and understand :) but I felt that this was the place to say my thanks and pay my respects to T. Rex and Mr. Bolan.)

A few of my favorite tracks by T. Rex are Metal Guru, Mambo Sun, Cosmic Dancer, Life's A Gas, Jeepster, Planet Queen, Monolith, Buick Mackane and The Slider

Peace and Love

analoggal

Woman of the Country
Reaction score
...Honestly, T. Rex/Marc Bolan saved my life...and Rock N Roll has many times.

"Music speaks what cannot be expressed, soothes the mind and gives it rest, heals the heart and makes it whole, flows from heaven to the soul."
--smashquotes.com
This song just feels real good: Bang a Gong

The Wanderer

Kids With Guns
Reaction score

"Music speaks what cannot be expressed, soothes the mind and gives it rest, heals the heart and makes it whole, flows from heaven to the soul."
--smashquotes.com
This song just feels real good: Bang a Gong

The quote is true and thank you :) Get It On (Bang A Gong) is another favorite I forgot to mention XD.

bohohippybeatnic

Reaction score
Also, i love the way "Jeepster" was used in the movie "Death Proof"(Quentin Tarantino's half of the "Grindhouse" double feature).

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Staff online

Members online