ladyislingering

retired
Reaction score
Re: T.Rex!

Mmmmm. Two things I learned from this thread:

I should listen to T-Rex more often.
Marc Bolan is so freaking hot.

And some useful input:

One in my series of a more dramatically painted line of pretties.

ei3xnn.jpg

sighhhh.

Why in the world have beautiful men totally disappeared from the face of earth?

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Don't get confused with Tyrannosaurus Rex and T.Rex. Tyrannosaurus Rex was psychedelic folk band with Bolan and Took, later Took started writing his own songs and wanted duo to perform them, but Bolan refused it. Later with Finn he shorthend the name to T.Rex and completely twist his later image of psychfolker to glam rock beast.

I love T.Rex because they're just simple rock and roll to dance to, nothing philosophical or mindblowing, just simple rock and roll with nice riffs and distortion. I consider them best glam rock act in 70s and it's such a shame Bolan died.

I didn't know that DZ, thanks for the prehistory.

I like simple rock and roll at times myself, and T-Rex is one of the bands that provides exactly that.(They are not my favorite band from the 70's glam/rock era though.)

Hepcat

retired
Reaction score

Džedaj said:
Don't get confused with Tyrannosaurus Rex and T.Rex. Tyrannosaurus Rex was psychedelic folk band with Bolan and Took, later Took started writing his own songs and wanted duo to perform them, but Bolan refused it. Later with Finn he shorthend the name to T.Rex and completely twist his later image of psychfolker to glam rock beast.

A lifestyle riff had also grown between Marc Bolan and Steve Peregrin Took. Despite his public persona, Marc preferred to live quietly with his girlfriend. Took was a wild party goer in London's underground scene.

It was after Mickey Finn replaced Steve Took and the band electrified with the shortened name that T.Rex really hit its stride.

:****:

Džedaj

Groovy as hell.
Reaction score

A lifestyle riff had also grown between Marc Bolan and Steve Peregrin Took. Despite his public persona, Marc preferred to live quietly with his girlfriend. Took was a wild party goer in London's underground scene.

It was after Mickey Finn replaced Steve Took and the band electrified with the shortened name that T.Rex really hit its stride.

:****:

Exactly :grinthumb
Bolan also had that short-lived band John's Children, if I'm right, who weren't so succesful as later Bolan's bands.

Drifter

Reaction score

One of my favorite bands of the 70's. I also happen to dig Tanx which came out after Bolan and co. reached their peaked. Still some magic left on that album.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

I remember watching T.Rex on top of the pops as a kid, all the ladies loved Marc. Slider is a fantastic album I bought it on vinyl when I was a teen and again on cd a few years ago.

Last edited by a moderator:

CREAM'd

Reaction score

Love T.Rex, Slider would be my favourite of there albums,Rock On being my favourite song from that album.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online

No members online now.