Swans (Official Thread)

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Agreed Venemous mask SWANS album "The burning world" is quality, Heres a taste of early SWANS material which I mentioned earlier was art/noise/industrial...they are even cited as an influence to the "No wave" US scene alongside Lydia Lunch,DNA etc
Tough, provoking rhythm and sounds....not easily listening :grinthumb
"A screw"

Last edited:

2LITTLETIME

Reaction score
LL ive bookmarked this and ill digest it later.Ive heard a lot about Swans but aint heard them yet

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
SWANS are back with yet another album entitled "To be kind" .Great reviews .Amazingly enough the album peaked in the Top 40s in both the US and UK charts !! After the very highly rated album " The Seer" and worldwide tours the band are wait for it becoming .......successful.The strange thing is the music is as hard and uncompromising as ever .No soft ballads here.

This track sounds IMO a cross between Captain Beefheart and Primus [ a band I never liked ]

Oxygen [live]

Taboo

Toward the Within
Reaction score
Haven't checked out the new album yet. Will try listening to it sometime this week :grinthumb

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
SWANS new album out June . Their last ? Also a tour...will have to see them again

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Glad you like them Joker....there are elements of prog/ krautrock in their recent material :grinthumb

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
I got to see SWANS again last weekend.Loud,unpredictable as ever !! Rumours have it...last tour and last album. We will have to see. I wonder whats next in Michael Giras plans.....
Here is a gem of a track off the last album "The Glowing man", featuring Michaels wife Jennifer on vocals

When will I return

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoustonBoy

Members online