Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Storm%20Corrosion.jpg

Storm Corrosion Wikipedia
Storm Corrosion Official Site

This is a recent collaboration project between Steven Wilson of Porcupine Tree and Mikael Åkerfeldt of Opeth. Recently they just put out a self titled debut. This is not the usual mix you might expect from these two, it is more of an ambient, atmospheric, still progressive of course but a bit more orchestral atmosphere to it. It does have some elements of what you might hear from Opeth though.

Albums
2012 Storm Corrosion
61esmIA7l9L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Some songs on this album.
Opener Drag Ropes

Lock Howl

Happy (Instrumental)

Taboo

Toward the Within
Reaction score
I'm really digging this collaboration. The album was a grower for me, but I'm really liking the spooky and lush atmospheres in each of the songs. The music video for Drag Ropes is so well done. They are both big fans of Scott Walker's experimental work (Tilt and The Drift), which was a definite influence. Mikael has also mentioned that parts of Watershed were inspired by him.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Bits of this album remind me of Opeth, some of the acoustic sections really remind me of Opeth, the more ambient effects remind me of Devin Townsend's Ghost album.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hearing this album again is much better, the first listen was incredible too but I really enjoy it the second time around more so.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Putting my marker here so I don't forget to check this CD out, when I have time.:D

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tayson ray

Members online